Notices

Problems with forever!

Old 10-19-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When you come to an epiphany that drinking that red wine will start your life sliding back down a slow yet inevitable path into the crapper, the decision becomes a mite bit easier.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I now recoil at the thought if I had to drink forever, could not imagine anything more horrific.

Sobriety keeps on giving good things to me the longer I am sober, just takes a bit of time to get here
Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the replies. The overwhelming point seems to be that these thoughts and fears will reduce with time. I am reading these quite early on a Sunday morning, about 8.00 am,hangover free and feeling pretty good about myself. Yet another benefit of my sobriety.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I do the best I can to live in my present. I work to face my life as it comes rather than dwelling in regrets of my past or fall for any magical nor fearful thinking of my future. Staying present is not an easy task. I maintain my right to choose...always. Right now I need to face my life sober..right now.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The idea of never having a drink again was unthinkable for me until the idea of having one more drink and letting it's associated crazyness happen in my life was more horrifying . The day i realized this was sept 3rd 2011 and i've not had a drink since .

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-20-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
quat

Forever is a funny word. You can't do anything forever all our 'doing' is always done in the present, the now. We live in the now , forever is just a way to look back at the 'nows' that ever were. Remain sober now, this moment. Remain sober in the now that will be tomorrow or next week, or any other 'now' the sum total will be the mythical forever, but I don't(can't) have to do the 'forever' thing all at once.
It's a scary concept simply because the AV(or the Beast) wants it to be scary, looked at rationally it is so possible, simply by doing forever Now
Old 10-20-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
..because you remember it so fondly?

Remember it really does its best to kill you..the way most of us drink anyway.
Not only kill you but it does it slowly and painfully but not before it destroys everything that you love and hold dear in your life.

Such fond memories, NOT!!!