Notices

does anyone drink like me??

Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
See I do think it matters how much you drink!!! Infact I think it's the most important part of being an alcoholic.... it's what makes me different to a normal person... If I could drink 4 drinks only a night and never once blacked out I would not even think I have a drinking problem... Sure people say it's how it makes you feel but that's not alcoholism.. For me being an alcoholic means when I drink 4 drinks all bets are off there is no way I can stop the phenomenon of craving kicks in and 4 drinks leads to how ever much it takes to oblivion.. I don know where I will end up or what I would have done.!! I will wake up and I might drink again to block out the guilt and shame of the night before...and the party continues. I personally think many people on here are in fact just heavy drinkers and not the real deal.. But that does not mean anything sobriety is not just for alcoholics it's for any one who wishes to have it, it's just for an alcoholic of my type it's life or death. Peace
The 12 and 12 say that those who are "scarcely alcoholics" are eligible for aa. It's important to note that alcoholism is progressive. I'm not a wipe out / black and white drunk like my sober brother but i still like to get tipsy. I'm not facing myself if I do that all the time.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Yes I am happy, but looking back to when I was drinking I was definitely more depressed. I feel much lighter and happier now and that makes it worth continuing with sobriety. It's very discouraging logging on here and seeing people relapse all the time. I just wonder if because my life doesn't depend on it at this point if my sobriety won't stick and I'll have to have something devastating to happen in order to feel like I need to get sober for real. This site is encouraging and discouraging at the same time :/ just pondering that's all.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

If you don't drink, you can't get drunk. Those that work hard to find new solutions (sober solutions) to old problems tend to stay sober. You have two choices. Drink again, doing all those things you haven't done "yet" - you know, loose this kids, etc.... OR let other people show you what happens to them when they go back out. You can learn from the sober folks and the not so sober folks. People are at different stages of recovery.