Notices

Patiently Waiting for the Counselor to answer :p

Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Not sure how I will stay awake after working all night .. but it has to be done ..
Right now, coffee is your best friend
You are making a GOOD decision AW. Stick with it and you will not regret it. I know it s a pain in the behind but in a few months you ll be so glad you did it and chose treatment and sobriety.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGame

It's become difficult to follow what plan of action you're taking and are willing to take. It seems you feel pressure to get help, real treatment, but that you remain reluctant to do so. I know what that's like, and my biggest regrets are around not having gotten help sooner, whether it was for my alcoholism or anything else. Doing this on your own has not worked.

Last November I had total hip replacement surgery. I've been an athlete my entire life, and the accumulation of falls necessitated this procedure. I put it off for about a year in the futile hope that it would magically heal on its own. By the time I got around to having surgery, I was in pain virtually all day, every day. It was a struggle for me to walk even ten feet. Now, it's as though I never had a problem, walking running, skating, and many other things without incident.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
This is not detox; so no beed will be needed.. This is for out patient counsling .. I decided to make another call to my Primary as well That APPT. is tomorrow at 330 .. Not sure how I will stay awake after working all night .. but it has to be done ..

AW
A lot of IOP programs wont' take you if you haven't been sober on your own volition for at least 72 hours. Keep calling the detox places as well - it may be your only option. They will know from your medical records that you were at the ER yesterday too, so you won't be able to fudge it.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well 72 hours is right around the corner so that doesn't phase me .. But Thanx Scott.. Good to know

AW
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just keep on calling, 3 times a day, apologize for the repeat calls, stress that you are motivated but really want guidance and help to stay sober.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Once back from work tomorrow AM will call again .. then before Dr appy will again .. Have a meeting tomorrow w\ a buddy too .. So I am staying at this ...

AW