Notices

Help!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

what are these online meeting I wondered about them like an aa meeting but online
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Bunion - there's a ton of support here - glad to have you join us

D
Old 09-08-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

on day 5 now! still on the calms and the camomile tea and keeping busy
Old 09-08-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bunion, congrats on Day 5! You're doing great.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thank you, I keep breathing deep when I feel the panic, it quickly subsides if I just talk to myself. I am also talking to my husband a lot about it, he is being fantastic with me about the whole thing and all the time I thought he hated me for it.

My parents are both alcoholics. My dad not drunk now for about 15 years. My mum has the occasional relapse so I feel it was written on the cards! Just gotta keep on trying. Thank you to everyone and good luck to us all.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Awesome that your husband is so supportive, my wife has been there for me as well. She would do anything for me. But she is not an alcoholic, so she doesn't understand the battle like the people on SR. It's been great to have both her support and SR.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
oh wow I am overwhelmed with all of your responses. Thank you so very much! I stayed at the park with the kids for a long time to keep busy and am just in hence a hasty quick read through and reply. Thank you! Just taken another calming tablet and got yet another cup of camomile tea on the go! I will be in here regularly and look forward to the online meetings once I figure out the site a bit better. Well done to all of you, keep going, thank you again, I feel stronger already!
Welcome, Bunion.

Yes, come here when you are stuck, there's always a thread somewhere that helps. The first few days are hard, but that panic will pass and day by day as you rack up little achievements, it reinforces you can do this.

Good luck and welcome!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you Croissant! I am about to attack the kitchen cupboards to take my mind off it! This week is going to be hard for me, my mum lives in an annexe right next door to me and helps me out with the kids when they are testing me. She goes away for 2 weeks on Wednesday so I am gonna be in a difficult place again. As long as my husband still has my cash card I can't "shop" but I know there will come a time when I will need and back and should have it back. Dreading that but taking things in the NOW and 1 hour at a time
Old 09-08-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stick with it Bunion. The more sober time you have the easier it gets to resist buying alcohol. I would say keep yourself as busy as you can this week. I found the more busy i was the less time i had to obsess over drinking. At 11 months sober it doesn't even cross my mind to glance at alcohol whilst shopping let alone to buy any. Wishing you well.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
My parents are both alcoholics. My dad not drunk now for about 15 years. My mum has the occasional relapse so I feel it was written on the cards!
bunion - congratulations! you are doing something to "break the cycle", keep it up - your sobriety could effect others in your family, and that's so gooood.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
DFU

Welcome Bunion, I am also 42, a mother of two and was drinking 1 to sometimes 2 bottles of wine a day. I went from enjoying a few glasses out of my nice wedding wine glasses after the kids went to bed to drinking out of various cups (from boxed wine no less) and then hiding the said cups so my husband wouldn't notice. Of course he noticed A lot happened but lets just say I joined AA the next day, and taking it one day at a time since haven't drank in 9 months. What I'm most happy about is that my kids will never see me drunk again. I can be their mother sober, without shame. You can be that too.