Notices

Ive got wine in the fridge

Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Obsession is the tool of addiction chipping away at the recovery; dump it out! I remember my early days, the fear and obsession would not let the real me out; I thought I was bored but once I was over the "hump" I realized all I was missing; I took my life from the clutches of addiction and am now in grateful recovery; and one busy sober dude!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Being honest is a good start

Keeping it out of the house will protect you from yourself. . . When you are tempted to buy, think about how you feel right now.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If I had a bottle in my home last night, I would have had it too. Thankfully I did not have any, and I skipped going out to the store for food, just to avoid temptation to buy it. But I am far from having any of this mastered. I just understand where you were and how you felt last night.

My drinking escalated when my kids were young and I was often alone with them while my husband traveled for a week or more at a time. It is a very hard time. I wish I could rewind and do it differently, but it is done. My health has suffered, and I have regrets. My kids are ok, still pretty young and naive to the drinking I did, but now old enough to start noticing. More incentive to stop.

Ont thing that helped me to be sober sometimes, when the kids were young and i was alone, was to think ahead to if they might be sick in the night or have an emergency. I would need my wits about me. Maybe thinking of that may help you? I was not sober then, and only beginning again, now, but those thoughts help me.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome. Keep going to AA, keep talking to us and work on putting that bottle away.