Notices

Sorry, I'm just not ready.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Definitely keep coming back here....it helps!! You and us.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You only reach your bottom when you decide to quit digging. Don't wait for a bottom because it may never come. Quit digging. Some of us reached rock bottom and picked up a chisel. It's up to you to decide when enough is enough because it won't decide for you.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Stella, I'm glad that you'll be hanging around! I'd like to ask you a question if it's okay. You mentioned that you were addicted to benadryl. I've not heard anyone say this before (which doesn't mean much...people can become addicted to anything. I'm partial to jujubees myself). Did you begin taking it medically?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are flirting with sobriety. That's ok. Maybe it'll decide to pick you up and take you home.

Seriously, glad you are still here.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stellabb00 View Post
I agree. I think things and then my mind thinks something else and my mind is constantly flipping between me wanting and needing to get sober and my want to feel high and it's like a craving I can't stop thinking about it until i have what i'm craving. idk i'm rambling, but thanks for bringing my own thoughts and words up. i needed that.
You're welcome.
In life, the obstacle is the path.
Realize this, and you will find strength.

"She who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; She who would achieve much must sacrifice much. She who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.”

-James Allen
Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I believe it is a very familiar feeling here, the fear of not being ready to quit. It sounds ultimate at first. Yet it is one decision I have not regretted since I got myself on the wagon. When I had my last drinking spree, I had that same kind of fear and it kept me drinking for a longer time than I had even anticipated. Today the thought is like "why didn't I try to do this sooner? Why did I waste all that time and lie to myself and hurt myself like that?".

Also, the entire thing, since it is about addiction (call it physical and mental).. brain chemistry is an element. It is the substance (alcohol&drugs) themselves that support and cause the desire to have it, even when it no longer works for us (has stopped working). That's why addiction is a mental illness.

The bottom line is, most who got sober don't regret it and most of them wish they had done it sooner, as within they know they actually could have.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

So glad you are sticking around!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
Hi Stella, I'm glad that you'll be hanging around! I'd like to ask you a question if it's okay. You mentioned that you were addicted to benadryl. I've not heard anyone say this before (which doesn't mean much...people can become addicted to anything. I'm partial to jujubees myself). Did you begin taking it medically?
My mom started giving it to me to sleep and I loved the way they made me feel. My parents dont know this, but I started sneaking 3, 5, 7 pills out of the bottle at a time and taking them to sleep when I was really depressed bc I didnt want to deal with life and now I take 5 and force myself to stay awake to feel hgh. Its not physically addicting but I love them and take them so much they are definitely a problem