Notices

Day 2 check in

Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 check in

Just returned from meeting with counselor, she really helps me think more objectively. Now I am eating lunch and then going to work. I hope everyone is doing well. Tonight after work I am going to AA meeting where I will look for a sponsor. There are also some meetings on my campus for students who are in recovery. Checking in on SR everyday will help me. I am finally feeling a little better, been listening to a lot of big book study tapes.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All sounds very positive. I am glad you are feeling a bit better. Have a great day.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great news Ach, you can and will do this. Keep coming here, meetings sound like a great idea, and listen to your counselor and doctors too. With a great plan come great results!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, Ach! Stay focused and be strong!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feeling scared and alone but aware of how serious my problem is. My counselor helps me alot.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Ach, you may feel scared but you are definitely not alone. You have a lot of supporters here on SR. Just hang in there and live one day at a time. Before you know it the days will turn into weeks, which will turn into months, which will turn into years. Life goes by in a blink of an eye. Be good to yourself.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do not really feel in the mood to teach today, but I am just learning how to do it. Trying not to freak out from all the stress of work and school. My printer broke today so I almost had a meltdown after that. I just want to feel a little better each day.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Its natural to feel scared and apprehensive when you are facing a tough time you are not alone in feeling this way and you have lots of support on here. You are addressing your problems and you have made some good inroads with seeing your counselor today and making the decision to attend the AA meetings. These positive steps will only lead to good things. You have to be a little bit patient too and keep focused on the bigger picture which is recovery and being well.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Being scared and anxious is a natural response by our minds and bodies getting us ready to go. In recovery it is intensified and over reacts somtimes, but I think it's very important to remember that it's normal to feel that way.

You will do just fine today Ach.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Heading off to work. We are going to be going over some online resources so it shouldn't be too bad. Thank you all for the support. After class I am going to AA meeting, then getting ready for tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Class went well. I felt kind of tired, but I am heading for food then to an AA meeting at seven. Hoping to get some good sleep tonight.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're sounding better Ach

D
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The meeting went well and I got a white chip. Some people gave me their numbers and I will call one guy who has two years to see if he will be my sponsor. I don't know where to keep my white chip, in my wallet or just at the house? I kind of want to carry it around with me.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting your white chip! I keep one of my chips in the side pocket of my purse, so that when I am out and about, it's right there for me to grab onto. I can just reach in there and get it, and no one knows what it is in my hand. It sometimes helps me feel better when I am anxious.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My sponsor carries his around with him. I don't. Up to you. Congrats
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I really like the group tonight. It was much smaller than any other AA meeting I have been to, but I have only been to three I think. This group meets four days a week at seven, so I think I will have time to make it, but on WED I am in class till about 640. Tonight I have to stay up and read all night for classes, but my mind still feels foggy so I am going for a walk after I get some dinner.