Notices

Hi I'm new here.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi I'm new here.

I'm on day 3 of withdrawal and feel okayish. I feel fatigued, got brain fog and am a bit headachey, but things could be worse.

I have decided to clean up because I have no off switch with alcohol. I am 41 years old and presently only drink at weekends, but when I do it's always too much, for too long and leaves me exhausted for the rest of the week; then the cycle begins again.

I can't remember when the last time I woke up and felt good was, it seems as though I am perpetually hungover.

Anyway, enough is enough, I've decided to make a change and lurking through the posts on this forum has made me realise that I am certainly not alone.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome notobooze, congrats on your decision to become sober.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi notobooze and ... You're certainly not alone...I'm coming toward the end of day two and feel like I'm crawling through it, so I can empathise with the brain fog etc...I'm also 41 and for me it's been a one day on, one day off thing for as long as I can remember...get drunk, suffer hangover, recover, repeat. ...anyway hang in there, I've heard it gets better
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep going...you will feel better, look better and BE better! X
Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! It gets better. I can't remember the hangovers now so it does get a lot better and more positive! Keep working through it!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi. In case no one mentions it and you don’t know how to get sober it’s a one day at a time conditioning operation. During these days we don’t pick up the first drink so we don’t have to get sober again. Simple? Yes, not always easy.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard!! It does get better. I'm on day 9 and more at peace with myself than I have been in a loooong time. Hang in there, it will be more than worth it!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome notobooze

do you have a plan for this weekend?

D
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notobooze View Post
I'm on day 3 of withdrawal and feel okayish. I feel fatigued, got brain fog and am a bit headachey, but things could be worse.

I have decided to clean up because I have no off switch with alcohol. I am 41 years old and presently only drink at weekends, but when I do it's always too much, for too long and leaves me exhausted for the rest of the week; then the cycle begins again.

I can't remember when the last time I woke up and felt good was, it seems as though I am perpetually hungover.

Anyway, enough is enough, I've decided to make a change and lurking through the posts on this forum has made me realise that I am certainly not alone.
Welcome notobooze. Your post resonates with me as I am 40 years old and a weekend binge drinker. I have been for the past 8 years. I don't have an off switch either. When I pick up that first drink I am drunk the entire weekend and dread the Monday afterwards when I have to get my butt back up and get back to work hungover as all get out and sometimes still buzzed from the weekend binder only to repeat the same process weekend after weekend. It is exhausting.

This past weekend was my first weekend sober in a long time. I can tell you that this past Monday, I woke up and felt great and it is something I want to hold onto for the rest of my life. If, I can do it so can you. You are definitely not alone. Keep the faith and best wishes.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You found a wonderful place for help. notobooze.

I had no off switch either - and it led me to 24/7 drinking in the end. I didn't enjoy it at that point - but was so afraid to let go of it. I remember being exhausted the first few days, but after that my new life began to emerge. You can do this!