Notices

Newbie!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie!

Im two weeks into my codie Recovery and is been a rollercoaster! The one thing that is really helping is educating myself on the disease. I am the adult child of an Alcoholic and just found that out at the age of 44! Years if pain and bad relations and just know realized why! lol!! Am I the only on that had an epiphany?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome jacrazz

I had my codie epiphany at 41 or so

It certainly helped me see things in a totally different light

D
Old 08-14-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, jacrazz! Glad you found SR and hoping you learn a lot here--I certainly have. I think there's something about that midlife area (40s and 50s) where we start to get some perspective on the way we've lived so far and whether it's what we want for the second half of our lives...

There are 2 areas you may be interested in here at SR; one is the Family and Friends of Alcoholics section of the forum and the other is the Adult Children of Alcoholics. Both may have something to offer you in your continuing growth; you may have something to offer in return (cool how that works, huh?)

Both of those areas also have stickied threads at the top of the section, and you'll find numerous educational reading suggestions there as well as all kinds of other good stuff.

Again, welcome, and I hope SR is as good a source of support and information for you as it has been for me.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're very happy to have you here jacrazz. I hope you'll find the encouragement you need - it's a great place. It's so good you've reached out for help and are finding some answers - you'll have a whole new attitude.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I'm not an ACOA, but I definitely found out some things about myself when I found SR, and I'm glad I did. I'm a grateful recovering addict and recovering codependent and SR has had a huge part in that.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy