Notices

Still sober and less anxious

Old 08-14-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still sober and less anxious

So my anxiety meds help and I feel more relaxed with them. I am still sober and feeling better today after I got some sleep last night. I made some appointments with my counselor and doctor for next week so I will feel better talking to them. I hope everyone is having a great sober journey!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great to hear,I've stopped my meds on purpose sometimes cause I feel like do I really need them but after a few days I realize that I do need them because I see the mood swings. I find that the more appointments I keep and go to,the better I feel. It's like you can't have enough support in this journey we are on. Have a good day and best of luck to you on your journey!!!😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job Acheleus. Just remember that these meds are not a permanent fixture in your life. The beginning stages with meds are always hard, and I felt a little weird in the beginning. I remember the feeling all too well, even though I no longer take medication.
I am glad that you have set appointments with the ones that can help you. I remember that I made myself go even when I did not want too. Keep moving forward Friend!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So good to hear Acheleus!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound in a better place today, well done x
Old 08-14-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Got back from teaching two classes and one long class for me that I am taking. I felt happy after teaching, full of energy and happiness. I told my teacher I thought I found the sorcerors stone because I always wanted to teach and finally have the chance to. So I am trying not to go down to the local pub and have a pint to celebrate how good I feel. I talked to my brother and he told me my cousin lost his job because of pills, and my brother said he stayed drunk for a month and a half after a bad break up. He told me our dad doesn't understand how bad drinking is for me. I have never been close to him but he told me we have the same blood, and that he would help me with the steps in AA. He said the fourth step would be really hard for me, but I still felt uncomfortable talking to him because I do not know him well and in all honesty I don't trust him. Going to get some dinner and relax then read for my classes. Thank you everyone on SR. Teaching just might save my life. It's therapeutic.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you feel better

D
Old 08-14-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's great to hear, Acheleus So glad you are enjoying teaching!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's really great, Acheleus.
Sounds like you're over the hump.