Notices

I drink everyday.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
quat

why wouldn't one day be something to be proud of?
if abstinence is your chosen goal and you commit your resolve to that, one day is great, its fantastic is the beginning, its pride-worthy don't sell yourself short!
Journey of a thousand mile kinda thing, if you want this you got this
Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thewill View Post

However, I am an alcoholic. I need help to fight this disease.

I can not just have 1 drink, I need at least 10-12, plus a bottle of wine just to unwind.

I've told myself I am going to quite. I keep on failing. I say I'm going to quite at 8 am......by 6 pm I am into the red wine.

I can count on one hand how many sober days I have had in the last 10 years. I don't drink just on weekends, I drink everyday, and I drink until the bottle is finished.

I relate everything to alcohol.

Almost everything in life triggers that alchohol craving for me.

I dont want to Die.
Hi thewill,

Like so many others, your story is my story too. Up until yesterday, I've spent the past 15 years drinking booze just about every damn night until I passed out, or ran out and couldn't drive to get more.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. First off, a minor change in symantics has helped get my brain in a better place. I now refer my alcoholism strictly as an addiction, not a disease. An addiction is something I have some level of personal responsibility for, and therefore, can play an active role in attacking it. A disease is something entirely out of my control. I know it's playing word games to a degree, but that mindset is helping me take charge to fight the beast.

Secondly, the last line of your note shows that you're not a lost cause. If you were, you wouldn't care and you wouldn't be here. And lastly to point out the painfully obvious, I'm sure your wife and children don't want you to die either!

Hang in there. We're all in the same boat and hopefully we can make it to dry land together!

Be well.
DTM
Old 08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

how goes it thewill?

D