Notices

Sensitive conversations.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sensitive conversations.

Today has been a little hard, not serious and I am not going to give in to it.

I have some sensitive conversations to make and I have been postponing them. I will take them tomorrow – the rest in the week-end. Postponing such things will just give them more power, it is stupid.

I am not a anxious person giving presentations or taking conflicts at work is not a problem for me.

It is conversations that I fear get emotional. I am not worried I will lose it or not be able to control my voice – I will. On the other hand I do not want to come a cross to detached and hard, that would be the easiest for me. It is just very unpleasant for me.

It is ridiculous for a grown man – I am in the second half of my forties.

It is not even the intoxication I am missing it is the numbness of a good hangover.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sensitive conversations can be daunting. I can definitely understand your hesitation. And yes, drinking can numb our feelings and we can seemingly "deal" with things better this way... but in reality, numbing out is postponing the inevitable... and tangling things up worse than they were before.

So... go easy on yourself. Do what you can do now. And if you have to put off something later... try not to feel bad about it, and definitely steer clear of the alcohol! It will never help anything.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sensitive emotional conversations can always be upsetting. Give yourself credit for planning to do this and I hope it all goes well.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

To be honest the most of my first month was taken up by just not drinking.

I unashamedly left the sensitive conversations and the difficult scenarios until later on when I knew I'd be stronger and more capable...i had to learn how to communicate soberly and, for me, that took time.

If you feel that these conversations have to happen this weekend tho, thats your call, & more power to you - I hope things turn out better than you fear SH

D
Old 08-12-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support.

These talks have nothing to do with alcohol, the meeting this week-end has been planed for long.

I have a lot of tricks to calm me down and strengthen me, emotions are just closer to the surface when you do not drink.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Soberhawk - I am in the middle of a sensitive break-up right now that was much due to alcohol, I can relate to the anxiety you feel waiting for those conversations that were put off to transpire. I will say a prayer/send well wishes that it goes well for you. You will feel better when it is over with instead of just looming. The not knowing is the worst part because the fear gets blown out of proportion in your head.

Best of luck.