Notices

Double digits!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Double digits!

I'm just checking in, I'm on day 10 today and in the double digits! I am feeling much better after meeting with my Dr. on Friday and the withdrawals are getting much better. Still not sleeping great and some anxiety, appetite is all over the place but other than that I'm feeling pretty good. My energy level has come back up some. I am so grateful for the support here. I know it's not always going to be easy, I did feel some discomfort yesterday at the grocery store, seeing the beer isle. I thought about picking up a six pack, my husband and son were gone all day and I could have drank without them knowing. But I didn't and I'm pretty proud of myself for that. Sobriety is good : )
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 days AND for passing by the beer in the grocery store. Look at you building sobriety muscle...woot woot!

btw..LOVE the avatar Buddah quote. LOVE it.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10. This journey is not easy, but it is well worth it. I am still in the early days of my sobriety and I had to do some grocery shopping on Sunday as we had forgotten a few things on Saturday and it was pure agony to get past the beer/wine isles. It had me sweating but I took some deep breaths and walked on by empty handed. You should be proud of yourself and sobriety is good.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 10

D
Old 08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on day day 10. Double well done on passing the beer isle. =] keep going !
Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
btw..LOVE the avatar Buddah quote. LOVE it.
Ditto

Congratulations on double figures! That's awesome. x
Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just have to keep telling myself "drinking is not an option". If I don't even consider it as an option it's a lot easier to keep it out of my thoughts. I have to stop at the store tonight for a few things and I'm confident I can stay strong. Although, I have to say, all of this sobriety is making me feel so good and so positive and happy...normally I would "celebrate" my good feelings with some beer. It's time to find other ways to celebrate!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations, 10 days is a great achievement! I used to struggle passing the alcohol section but now I find my self feeling smug walking past thinking about how much money I'm saving!!