Notices

Woops, or not?

Old 08-11-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're not an alcoholic you may be able to moderate your drinking.

If you are an alcoholic, it won't work and it will be a matter of time before things escalate.

I wish you well in your recovery.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used the Silva Method, self-hypnosis, NLP and meditation.

What I realized above all is that the addiction is driven by a feeling. I dropped that feeling like you could drop a pen to the floor. And the addiction was gone.

That's just it.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
If you're not an alcoholic you may be able to moderate your drinking.

If you are an alcoholic, it won't work and it will be a matter of time before things escalate.

I wish you well in your recovery.
That is one of the limitations that has been imposed on us. See my previous post.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Numerous posts have been removed and the thread is closed.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
  # 25 (permalink)  

Actually, if you're NOT an alcoholic, you don't even THINK about moderating much less "counting" how many drinks you have in a certain period of time.
  # 26 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

When did you do this?

I used the Silva Method, self-hypnosis, NLP and meditation.