Notices

young adults in AA welcome ?

Old 08-10-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm 19 and I go to AA This is just my first week of being sober, but so far everyone has been warm and welcoming (I've been to 6 different groups). I have yet to go to a YPPA meeting because it clashes with my work schedule, but once I go back to University I will be trying one out in that city.

I have found nothing but niceness there. The only things people said to me was that I am very courageous for realizing I have a problem so young. I've had a lot of mothers and fathers come up to me and just hug me.

In most of the meetings I felt like some of the members got 'protective' over me, especially the members with kids. I think it's different for them to see someone our age who is suffering so obviously.

I don't feel belittled or anything there yet. I am hesitant to share but mostly because I haven't been sober for long, not because of my age.

I hope you give it a chance
Old 08-10-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Okay I work at a resort on a lake and there is a AA group that is going to be there for a couple days...I asked a guy who had the AA symbol on a necklace that he had on if they were having meeting or group talk anything of the sort...he said yes and that there was one at 8 he was very supportive and came by when I was leaving and told me what camp site they where at and gave me a hug . I am going thank you for all your reply's the support and wisdom here is amazing.