Notices

Staying in bed

Old 08-10-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying in bed

So instead of drinking I just got in bed last night and listened to music. Any better ideas for dealing with invitations to drink?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nope, going to bed early is my strategy for a bad day.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nope. Sleep and rest are the best things for a body so nothing wrong with climbing into bed on a bad day.

I went to be at 7pm almost every day for my first 3 months. For real. But I had to and it was better than going to the liquor store.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and whatever it takes, it takes.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did the same thing for the first couple of months lots of walking and early to bed until i felt strong enough to start going to social events.When i did start socializing again i was careful about what i did go to and adapted by behavior accordingly, e.g go out and come home early. Do whatever you feel is necessary and whatever it takes to stay sober. Congrats on not drinking.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm a fan of the early to bed when things are a little crazy. It helps my brain understand that the day is almost over and I'm not going anywhere else for the night. Good call!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great decision A. No, I think that resorting to safety is the best decision that you could make. Next time you could always offer up bowling or movie watching.
Your doing great Acheleus.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep -- always think going to bed early is a safe option and still doing it 2 years later !! usually take tea and chocolate with me !!! xxx You are doing really really well .Brilliant x
Old 08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Since I got sober I've organized and re-organized everything in my house. I've turned into freakin' Martha Stewart! Lol. I also got cable and have been watching Disney TV with my daughter when I'm not being Martha.
I think staying in bed, organizing and reorganizing, or whatever else is keeping us from drinking, as long as it's not unhealthy, is okay. Sure beats the alternative!

Junegirl
Old 08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, a movie or a television series (Game of Thrones, Dexter, Homeland) has done the trick for me on weekend nights. All of my friends were drinkers, and I've more or less let them know that I won't be joining them on Saturday nights anymore. It can be a little lonely but I couldn't fit my new sober self back into that social scene.

One thing that's helped is to plan some morning activities - have something in mind for Saturday or Sunday morning is the best thing to ease an anxious weekend night. Having those early AM plans is good medicine and helps me relax in the evenings more.