Notices

Did 6 months really just go by?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Been there, done that Soberhappyhour (4 years ago and in my case it was a light pole) but I still didn't get it. Now that Every. Single. Aspect. Of my life has fallen, I think I have more motivation than before. Plus back then I didnt even entertain the fact that I could have a problem.

I'm enjoying my sober Saturday though for the most part. Drinking a TON of powerade. Yes I think not knowing is just as much motivation to stop (if not more) than knowing. Because when you don't know you create these horrible scenarios of what MIGHT have happened.

Can't wait for Breaking Bad tomorrow night. It really is the little things youve got to learn to enjoy. Like clean sheets, new socks, a clear head.....
Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Turning to AA or any other program in early recovery DOES NOT need to limit your skeptical thinking. As long as you DO NOT DRINK you can manage your recovery how ever you want.
Congrats on one year, that is amazing! You seem to think in a lot of the same ways I do. I will definitely take your advice into mind; I think looking into the different ways others have succeeded can be very beneficial. As long as it's done with an open mind and with that very simple rule of thumb. Thanks for sharing.