Notices

I had a slip and you know what?

Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Are you both intoxicated while these words are being said? Just trying to understand.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGame

It's never about the ants.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I slipped, i admit to being tipsy. Not drunk.
Sober now. Could have been worse. Stopped myself.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm sorry.."I admit to being tipsy. Not drunk. Sober now."
I'm still not clear whether you are under the influence.

Tomorrow is a new day Earthsteps : )
Old 08-04-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I'm sorry.."I admit to being tipsy. Not drunk. Sober now."
I'm still not clear whether you are under the influence.

Tomorrow is a new day Earthsteps : )
No, I am not.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry for all the confusion, folks. Sometimes my brain works faster than my hands can type.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm glad your sounding ok earthsteps , i've been liking your threads .

Sounds to me like there might be some work to do on frustration/anger issues and healthy expression of those emotions , not right now but as part of the healing process .

Take care , m
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I agree mecanix. Plus I need to learn to not be so damn sensitive!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Or your husband needs to learn to be less insensitive ;-)
Old 08-05-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this. It's true. People can be more hurtful to us when we go back to using. My sponsor said when I smoke pot, my aura is a lot weaker, so lower-level energy gets in easier. Its definitely true. I found myself going down to my Dad's level more this month when I decided to smoke pot a few times again. Back when I was 64 days clean, I could smile through almost anything (but might need to write about it before bed or call someone if I had the courage) Now I'm 6 days clean again and some of those negavities are fading away as illusion. Thank Goodness!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

See, I'm just a sucker for a metaphor.. When I read about cleaning and sugar ants, my brain turned it into:

Do your emotional housework. Keep your head and heart clear of junk. That keeps out the addiction ants (cravings and negative thoughts).

And you don't suck. Anyone (even drunk) that has to step on your day to make theirs seem better deserves to get sucked up the vacuum themselves.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

You don't suck. You're great and you deserve to leave the slips behind, to put the drink down once and for all and to go on to have the fabulous sober life that's waiting for you.

As for the ants, I recently went to a meeting in one of the poshest parts of London and there were all these flies hovering around the kitchen bin like we were in a dung toilet - we were actually in a school! I think it's just more to do with summer than sugar.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You don't suck. It is so hard to get a grasp of what is going on, our feelings, how we should handle things etc.. when alcohol is involved. I know if I was drinking and my husband decided to tell me anything about what is wrong with anything, I would say a lot of things to him WAY worse than ants. But it doesn't matter what's said, if your mind is clear you can properly understand the situation and react in an appropriate way. Good thing we got a new day to do the next right thing. Take care.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
I agree mecanix. Plus I need to learn to not be so damn sensitive!
One of the things I am starting to realize in early sobriety is just how damn supersensitive I have been in my life! I'm starting to think that's part of the whole "drink" problem. And it's really bad with my emotional partners and family. One "perceived" look of disdain, dismissive comment or possible criticism and I'm loading up the metaphoric big guns in defense.

This is a big one for me... I think it has something to do with me looking for validation outside of myself.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Well we were all a little confused there Earthsteps. I am glad that it all has been sorted out.
Ants happen, life goes on, we learn to put Tarro down to kill the ants, and hopefully close the body wash so we are not washing ourselves in ant bodies.

As for the slip, these things can happen if we allow them to. I think you are better than those slips. Maybe see if the alcohol can be removed out of the house for a period. This is hard enough, we don't need it to be in the home.
Keep on keeping on friend!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sensitivity was something i had or have had to learn how to deal with .

Sensitivity turned inwards can hurt and damage us but sensitivity turned outwards can make us compassionate , once we learn how to deal with the pain i think it can be something wonderful to feel sensetive and compassionate despite pain .
Although this dosn't mean that i take ownership of someones anger or frustration anymore , which i now tend to think of as their inarticulate expression of emotion or unskillfulness usualy born out of fear .

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I cringe when I think of some of the fights my wife and I have had over "ants" or any other completely meaningless object of discussion.

Sometimes really HUGE fights. We'd wake up in the morning and the only thing to be sorry about were the things that were said. The original point of the argument completely forgotten about. I'd literally have to concentrate hard to remember what it was that triggered the problem in the first place. Many times never even being able to remember.

Collectively I've only had 17 days of sobriety. It's nice not having these issues. Something to add to the "pros" list.

I hope you can flush this one and get back on the wagon earthsteps - I'm rooting for you!!!