Notices

Physical injuries

Old 08-05-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was not only a drunk, but I also have cerebral palsy....
Injuries - you better believe it LOL

D
Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have a scar on my right palm that was from falling down drunk in my hallway.
A few weeks ago I fell while taking the dog out for potty. Bent my left wrist and fingers back so far something must have sprained or strained bad.My palm was black and blue for days. Sadly I didn't even remember falling till I felt the pain the next morning.

I have had many bruises on my forearms and elbows from falling.
I'm amazed at how fast the out of balance feeling can hit. And how it can completely incapacitate a person.

One morning I woke up and found that my arms, chest, legs hurt like I worked out at a gym. Then I remembered why. I had fallen and it took every once of my strength to get up off the floor. It was like something powerful and invisible was holding me down.

But, no matter what scars I may have caused myself.The scars I caused to loved ones are those that truly hurt.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EndGame

Most of my injuries and remaining scars were emotional; and very deep ones at that. Nearer the end, my life was nothing but death and despair.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I chipped a front tooth once by falling down (a veneer) and got tons of bruises over the years...now that I have been sober 15 months, I rarely bruise and when I do, it clears quickly...When I was drinking I blamed my bruising on the fact that I used to bruise easily as a kid (when I wasn't drinking)...maybe now it's a combination of sobriety, and just being more cautious!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have a scar on my right palm from clutching a wine glass while horsing around with an ex boyfriend during camping. I was picking him up in a chair, with my legs! Lol! Anyway, lost our balance and instead of letting go of the wine glass, I held onto it, didn't dare spill my wine!! It was quite a deep gash from crunching that glass in my hand... and instead of seeing it for the wake-up call it was, I went and bought plastic wine glasses to take camping next time!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

On multiple occasions, I passed out with a lit cigarette between my fingers and it burned down and left blisters between my index and middle fingers. I'm lucky blisters were all I got. People die from that. Aside from that, I've had random bruises but I never knew the cause. There was never anyone else around to witness it.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I got smacked over the head with a night stick from a cop then fell down and hit my head again on concrete. Woke up the next day in the hospital with staples in my head. 6 years later, I was stuck outside a night club at 6 am in -30 weather. Tried to get back in so I put my head through a double layer pane of glass. Cut my face and head up pretty good and a few spots on my arms, again woke up in the hospital with my father standing over me.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I got so angry about an argument that I punched MYSELF in the head, hard enough to have a huge welt on my forehead, and a partial black eye from the blood draining.

Had a family party a couple days later, and told people I hit my head getting out of my truck.

Absolutely pathetic.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I can't tell you all the times I have fallen and couldn't get back up. Honestly, can't... No memory... just lots and lots of bruises...

Of the few time I do remember, they were not pretty. Nothing to be proud about here!!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yup lots of bruises and I walked into a wall and banged my one front tooth and made it loose. Also have left burners on my stove on. Left my front door unlocked all night. I'm sure the list goes on!