Notices

This time for sure... (I PRAY)!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This time for sure... (I PRAY)!

Hello friends. I have been in and out of recovery most of my life (I am 60yrs. old) and as BAD as each relapse feels, I am hopeful that they served me a purpose? I feel like each time I had a long time of sobriety (months even 10+years once) a relapse would happen and each time it was harder than the last for me to quit again? I see each time of sobriety a gift that gave me a glimpse of how wonderful people/places/things really are and how much I love life. I want to LIVE. This time (I PRAY) I will stay sober for sure and I know I will need help to reach that goal. I was raised in an AA family and have been familiar with their teachings since my days back in the 1960s in Ala~teen. I think I have learned a lot from their teachings. I also have been harmed because after all this is a group of human beings. Sometimes I have just had to walk away from them for awhile. There is so much drama/trauma in that world and also so much hope. I have to walk away from AA for awhile. I know I need a support team and I know I can lend the same to others! I also see so much hope as I read your posts. My question is, may I please join you all in this journey back to health?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello MatildaRose ,

Nice to have you along on the journey ,

m
Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please join us Matilda we need you as much as you need us!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sometimes I have just had to walk away from them for awhile. There is so much drama/trauma in that world and also so much hope. I have to walk away from AA for awhile. I know I need a support team and I know I can lend the same to others!

I'm glad I'm not alone in this regard! Thank you so very much for posting this! I know AA helps many but it's not for me - does more harm than good. In the beginning it gave me hope. Now I feel sick thinking about the experiences. Take care!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel grateful to be here! We are in this together and together we can heal!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard the SR train! We are so happy to have you. This forum has been the #1 tool that I use for my sobriety. I hope that you find it to be a very positive experience, and know that we are here for support. ((HUG)) to you!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post

Welcome aboard the SR train! We are so happy to have you. This forum has been the #1 tool that I use for my sobriety. I hope that you find it to be a very positive experience, and know that we are here for support. ((HUG)) to you!
I am believing it's gonna be my number 1 tool as well.