Notices

sweden here

Old 08-03-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by areg View Post
I have a question about quitting - for how long will the the alcohol affect me? Been feeling that my feelings are not really true. For e.g. I Always expect the worst posible outcome in any given circumstance.. Never used to do that before..

Quit drinking for 14 Days ar Most and the feeling never subsided.. My question is basically... How long and what do i have to do?
I've read that cravings typically peak around 60 days and that you greatly increase odds of succeeding after 90 days. Most of the physical stuff resolves itself by then too, except brain continues to heal for a couple of years. This all assumes no damage to organs. Also, different studies come to different conclusions. I haven't been overly impressed with the research that has been done.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
Trust me, Areg, I am very real and so is every one on this board. We are all just human and struggling with the same problem. The support here has helped me many times in the middle of the night.
Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
Areg,
I found this page as well, just one month ago when I realised that my drinking was affecting my life in a very negative way. At first I drank because I was angry and frustrated over my work. Later because I needed to wind down in the evenings and before I knew it I was drinking despite enjoying my work again, I was becoming addicted.
I am 6 years older than you, I have anxiety issues which I tried to dull with drink and it only works in the moment, the next day anxiety is back and worse. I've lost lots of sparetime to drinking by myself at home or being hungover from last nights session, time I could have spent with friends or my parents. Doing something about my private life etc.. I am from the same country as you and lots of young people here drink too much and seeing them in pubs or carrying bags from the state owned bottleshops triggers my desire to buy some as well.
Unfortunately I can't give any advice on where to turn apart from AA in sweden. I tried searching the web a few times and did find a few places in my area within less than an hour of public transport travel time but all were "AA". If you live in one of the major cities it should be easier. I am too paranoid to try anything locally, afraid someone will see me go there etc. This site is very helpful, always someone online to give support and good advice.
Tack, vet ej var jag ska ta vägen, bor i Stockholm (thanks dont know where to go, lives in Stockholm)
Old 08-03-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Stockholm probably has the best available options in Sweden.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This is Day zero, went to the shop and bought 3l box of wine.. B-vitamin and magnesium suppliments.. And finally a stock(swedes Will know what this is)

This is my last night, this is my last drink.. Im such a nerd, putting it off, never admitting, I cant quit!

I cant admit to my patents or the friends i have left.. My boss and coworkers called me silly for not wanting to drink "for a while".

Dont know if a bad idea or not, i would like to tell someone from another country who i am, and everything about me.. Think it would feel as a Good start.. As said earlier, parents nor the friends i have left has no clue.

Please pm me if you are up for it

You are the best//
Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Areg,
I hope this will be your l't last night before trying to quit. Quitting isn't easy but don't give up. I have relapsed twice in my first month of trying, but I keep at it as hard as I can.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Guess Anonymous confession was wrong.. What am i to do? Still no pm
Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome! This is a great place. You will like it. Hugs
Old 08-03-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkdog View Post
Hello and welcome! This is a great place. You will like it. Hugs
Thanks,, trying to!!