Notices

Crap Day

Old 07-30-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You have made me feel better actually too-scrap couple of days in the struggle of staying sober. To realise this is just life-it's up and down. But at least we're living and feel alive, not just foggy and numb:-). Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

I don't want to grow up. It's boring.

Signed

Natty - Aged 2
Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
In some sort of lousy emotional headspace. I'm not too sure how to do "lousy days".
Hi friend

You've come to a railroad crossing

Stop look both ways and move on

Just don't sit in the middle of the track

Tr
Old 07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
now's the time

As usual you express it really well. I have had a lot of days wondering exactly that... what if I'm just not cut out for living???

I don't have any advice right now because I'm still figuring out which way is up. But I wanted to let you know that I feel the same way often. I usually just try to hope that the fact that I care about whether I'm living right is a good thing and that ultimately the discomfort will help me grow.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Nuudawn,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, but your post and the excellent responses have helped me today, a not so good day for me.

I was feeling resentful and hard done by that a girl-friend constantly bemoans her awful relationship with her alcoholic partner, yet she never supports me when I have been in the throes of a depressive episode, saying "I just can't deal with that". She wants me to drink, she's not supportive of my sobriety.

I think others have put it well that we've an awful lot of growing up to do, I know I for sure do.

I love your wit and your posts and derive a great deal of help from your account of how you are changing in sobriety, the good and the bad of it.
You said it "Crap day", but tomorrow is another day! Take it easy!!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Nuu,
Your post made me think of this OK Go song. A Rube Goldberg machine just for you! Sorry about the add at the beginning but it's worth the wait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w
Cheers,
Cas
Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey nuudawn,
Hope the sun shines brighter for you tomorrow,, I love reading your posts & I admire your honesty. Best wishes ,
Ando.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
In some sort of lousy emotional headspace. I don't want to drink, if I did I would likely kill myself...so I guess that's good news. The not wanting to drink. I'm not too sure how to do "lousy days". I guess today I am afraid that sobriety won't turn me into a normal, functioning adult. I feel like I don't know how to "do" life. I feel like a defiant teenager...self centered...who doesn't want to clean her room or pick up after herself. I feel like I don't know how to "function" like a regular person. I feel like I can't live up to my own friggin standards and that frightens me. I don't want to dislike myself the rest of my life. I'm so bloody tired of it. Sorry..I'm just venting. I don't seem to know what else to do with myself.
Hey girl, even though I said I was taking a break I spotted your post and you know I had to answer. Those days happen and every single one you overcome with a clear head and without using makes you stronger and more able to deal with the ones coming in the future. Its a process, like everything, but you can do it. What is a normal adult anyway? We ALL have our quirks and faults, each and every one of us. The perfect appearing soccer mom with the cute kids and loving husband may seem 100% on top of the ball, but she too has her issues. Comparing yourself to others wont get you anywhere but annoyed and it will always hold you back. Be you, that is all you can be. There is no normal, and from what I have gathered in our talks.........you will be just fine in life without alcohol holding you back from all you are capable of. Think of where you were just a short while ago, and how you are now facing these crap days stronger than before and with your own strength, not relying on a silly liquid. That alone is something to be proud of. Hang in there.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You are always so kind and helpful to everyone here. If you don't love yourself for who you are at this moment, think of the days you have helped me and the others stay sober. That is big. When I go out and drink or use, I'm risking my life, no kidding, every time. Many of us are dealing with the same issues and urges but you help people fight it. I think you deserve to be kind to yourself. You are not a child. You are learning; growing and making progress. Change isn't easy and it takes time but you're doing it. Just don't give up. We all have bad days but if you stick around they will be less awful and the good days will always be right around the corner. I say this to you with as much hope for myself... I have very low self-esteem too. It helps to know that I'm not alone, but of course neither of us deserves to suffer. I just know it has to keep getting better.

Many hugs
Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Grateful

Hi dawn,

I don't have any words of wisdom for having a crappy day. If I can muster up a "I'm grateful I didn't drink" at the end of the day it was a better day than it could have been. I hope you wake up feeling better today.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

NuuDawn, I am going to quote you here because I thought it was the funniest post I ever read and I have thought it to myself often:

lol..good one. And I like your sentiment about the world not stopping because you stopped drinking. I feel like that sometimes. There are moments I wanna scream "For crying out loud people don't you know I just stopped drinking..gimme a damn minute here!!!".
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I f*cked up and I drank. don't you even dare do the same.

you're awesome.

x
Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ippochick have done the same :/ eurghhhh!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Guys I'm really really really sorry to hear that. Get back on the bike quickly and there's no harm done. The longer you leave it, the harder it'll get and the worse you'll feel.

Come on back right now!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hope today is going better for you, Nuu! Thinking about you...
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hope your day went better Nuu. I know there are times I feel like a damned foreign exchange student to this planet. But I guess it's more like reverse culture shock: we were gone so long in drunkland that by the time we returned to soberville, soberville had changed. Breathe. You'll find your way again.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ippo? My mouth's agape...nooooooooooo. You okay? You around. Wanna hear from ya.

Scotsgirl?

I'm doing okay. Watched Fireworks over the ocean at family's city apartment. I'm sober... had some sort of sparkling fruit juice for the ocassion.

Thank you all. I had a rough 24 before I posted yesterday...maybe not whole 24. I binged and purged. Been like 20 years. Wow ..woke up yesterday..wanting to die. Had started the Champix 8 days prior. Cigarettes were making me sick. Yay. Thought quitting would be good part of remedy. Maybe Champix had something to do with it too? I'm keeping an eye of my moods.