Notices

Old 10-07-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I couldn't figure out this forum, but I still have no friends, even though I like people. I did contact some of my drinking buddies and they are still drinking at the bars. I tried to make friends at AA meeting and after the meetings they just walk out, especially the women, I am a woman and would like to make friends with woman to chit chat with and go to coffee and shopping.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've been off this site for awhile and I'm sorry I didn't respond back, but I was sober for about 3 yrs and I'm back to a couple drinks a day. I do stop myself after 2-3 drinks and not bingeing like I use to do. I've had a hard time trying to figure out the forum.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've learned that I will be alone and my children have there own lives to live. I was very dependent on my mother, but she got dementia 2 yrs ago and died 3 weeks ago and I really haven't had her for the past 3 years.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Taylord; I am very sorry about the loss of your mother.

Have you thought about taking some classes (yoga,dancing, cooking, stained glass, etc.)? You could take them alone or with your husband and maybe meet some new people.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by taylord13 View Post
I've learned that I will be alone and my children have there own lives to live. I was very dependent on my mother, but she got dementia 2 yrs ago and died 3 weeks ago and I really haven't had her for the past 3 years.
Glad you're here, friend!

Sorry for the loss of your Mom, that's really tough - I know when my Mom passed there was a period of grief and sadness - it's very natural.

AA is a great fellowship. Just like any other "club" it takes awhile to get to know people. Each group has a group conscience meeting - this is when basic decisions are made by AA leaders = rotating servants. These are kind of a business meeting and a good place to get involved.

Are you able to show up early to meetings>> ? This is always a good starting point as well. Have you shared in meetings and thought about finding a sponsor/working steps????

The fellowship will come to you, but the program is what is suggested to deal with life and sobriety. It's the key for me and many others.

Give it time, share as your heart dictates and if you want it out, shout it out I was taught..........

keep coming back to SR and the rooms.......
Old 10-07-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have checked into this site for people in Denver, CO, Denver Meet Up, my daughter told me about it, I joined this group for women it's for women who meet for Brunch. I have 2 dates set and I'm not going to drink, only ice tea. I'm sure other cities have Meet Up too... I used to work and volunteer and I need to start doing that again. I wake up in the morning and feel depressed with nothing to do. My children are married with young ones. My son brings his son's over on Sat mornings for a couple hours and they are sweetheart little boys. Thank You for responding
Taylor
Old 10-07-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I also lost my 15 yr old cat, Sadie a week earlier to diabetes. Then my mother died a week later, she still knew her children. I still have 2 other cats, they are Calico, but one is 15 with thyroid problems, and Venus is still only 9 yrs old. My one cat sleeps with me all the time.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sounds like nice opportunities to meet some people, Taylord; hope you have a nice time. there may be a sober Meet Up in your area, too.

Volunteering is a great idea, too.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome back Taylord!!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by taylord13 View Post
I've been off this site for awhile and I'm sorry I didn't respond back, but I was sober for about 3 yrs and I'm back to a couple drinks a day. I do stop myself after 2-3 drinks and not bingeing like I use to do. I've had a hard time trying to figure out the forum.
Welcome back Taylord. You had an awesome period of sobriety. It sounds as if you're looking to stop those few drinks a day. As you know, SR is an awesome place with wise and wonderful people. Reading and posting often will help you resist those daily drinks.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome to recovery.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I tell myself everyday I can make it through the day without a drink, I don't want to go back to binge drinking and then feeling horrible for 3 days. My Doctor gave me some meds to help stop the craving and the shakes I can get at times.

I get upset with myself for being sober for a long time and then giving in to having a drink. I felt better when I had nothing to drink, drinking even a couple beers messes up my thinking. I tend to think negative when I drink.

Thank you for responding back
Taylor
Old 10-07-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I would like to get back to volunteering with animal rescue, like I used to do. Being around animals helps me feel better, and also people. I enjoy talking to potential adoptees about their pets or the pet they want to adopt.