Notices

8 days with no oxycodone. I can use guidance please!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 days with no oxycodone. I can use guidance please!

I am on day eight with no pers or oxycodone and I have no regrets or desires to relapse. I am surrounded by my wife and for children. I want the clean life just for today.
I am having some issues though.
One is I fall asleep for 2 or 3 hours wake up and bounce around for a few hours. It's enough to drive me nuts. I have read here about RLS so I am aware of what I am going through.
Question is around when will this stop?

I will make it to the point of stable balance because I am determined but I need goals and expectations. Please advise.

Also I am full of anxiety. No doubt in the morning because I have been a daily coffee drinker for years. I feel I can't live without it. I work construction and it boosts my energy.
Please advise.

Aside from the anxiety, RLS and insomnia I am okay.

Please give me some support.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

God promises to change me so slowly that I hardly nottice it is happening but change me he does. each day is a little bit better each day I'm a little bit better. When I look backwards I'm absolutely amazed at the positive change that occurred in my life. Stay sober my friend do not give up before the miracle happens.

All you have to do is to stay sober today any sober day is a good day
Old 07-16-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im with you!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have some common sense things for RLS - but it's part of the withdrawal process I'm afraid and you might have to put up with it for a while.

Establish a regular sleep pattern. Don't sleep in of a morning; and don't nap for long periods during the day.
Get yourself in a pleasant state of tiredness before going bed. Don't do anything stressful before going to bed – do something relaxing, like reading a book.
Have a light snack or a warm bath before bed.
Make sure the bedroom is quiet and dark.
Exercise regularly (but not in the late afternoon or evening).
Cut out stimulants like alcohol, caffeine and nicotine.
Taking hot or cold baths, rubbing or massaging the legs or other affected body parts, or using a heating pad or ice pack can also help.

D
Old 07-16-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brian339 View Post
I am on day eight with no pers or oxycodone and I have no regrets or desires to relapse. I am surrounded by my wife and for children. I want the clean life just for today.
I am having some issues though.
One is I fall asleep for 2 or 3 hours wake up and bounce around for a few hours. It's enough to drive me nuts. I have read here about RLS so I am aware of what I am going through.
Question is around when will this stop?

I will make it to the point of stable balance because I am determined but I need goals and expectations. Please advise.

Also I am full of anxiety. No doubt in the morning because I have been a daily coffee drinker for years. I feel I can't live without it. I work construction and it
boosts my energy.

Please advise.

Aside from the anxiety, RLS and insomnia I am okay.

Please give me some support.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I have never messed with oxys but have with perks and vikes.I know for a couple days after use I can't keep my eyes open hardly when driving at work.I get very depressed and just feel like crap.Seems like after a week the major part is gone and just left with depression and anxiety.I am also withdrawing from alcohol so that plays a part too.Sorry I couldn't be of more help.I was using about 4-5, 10's a day.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Percs are oxycodone and Tylenol I believe. Doesn't matter getting off drugs is a trip but I am feeling much better not chasing the dealer and blowing hundreds and thousands on drugs. This of course is not as important as the fact that I am fighting for my mind body and soul. I gave it all up for a year. I have cried more in the past week than I have in five years. I am so unbalanced right now. You should see me try to do my job. I can't focus yet. I am overtired and full of anxiety. I know I will find balance again though. I know why I am a mess. Me and the pills did it. Now me, my higher power and all the good people I can find will get me back to basics. That's all I want.
Peace of mind.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi Brian. Congratulations for getting off the oxy. I had a huge habit and know how hard it is. You're probably still in withdrawals at day 10 and/or might be experiencing PAWS or post acute withdrawal syndrome. Anxiety and sleepnessness are hallmarks of PAWS.

You might want to check out the Substance abuse forum, there are tons of threads and posts about getting off the opiates. Take care.