Notices

got another question

Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cb1

got another question

Ive been sober a couple weeks now, but I still can't sleep That is okay tho...i remember reading somewhere "noone ever od'ed on not enough sleep" but my wierd thing is I will be sitting or laying down and all of a sudden my leg will jerk, or my head will twitch. Does'nt hurt, just scares my ars to death!! Is this the start of seizures? Or just my brain twitching because of the loss of alcohol?

p.s.
the reason why I am asking is I have never had a seizure................................
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would advise seeing your doctor about the sudden leg and head movements. And yes, inability to sleep is very common in early recovery. Stay sober and treat yourself well and your sleep patterns should stabilize in time.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Hypnic jerk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it this?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you had a seizure you would know. Typically you dont want to move after because your muscles are too sore. I have had them. They take a serious tole on your body.
You would know to the point of being like ' I need to get myself to the hospital NOW". I had one and call the ambulance IMMEDIATELY. I didnt even know what a seizure was at that point.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am actually sleeping well since I quit drinking a little over 3 weeks ago. Hopefully that will happen for you soon CB. While drinking, I had horrible insomnia and people would say have a glass of wine before bed. Well, I had a whole bottle some nights, either way I didn't sleep well. Ten years later I am realizing it could have been from the alcohol. Lifewillgetbet is probably right about the seizure question, my young daughter had just one (thank God) and was completely wiped out afterwards. The ER doctor said a seizure is like a tornado in your brain, post distal I think the medical people called the state afterwards.