Notices

99 days and stuck

Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

ImperfectlyMe, Day 100 and trying to think positive? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Happiness is all in our minds. I'm 3 yeas sober and the reason I'm not happy is because I haven't replaced the drugs and drinking with something that is satisfying to me. I am definitely better oof than when I was using.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
I haven't logged on here in quite some time I'm still sober 99 days but struggling daily. I have been avoiding this site intentionally because I'm so stuck in my head and so angry that I have to remain sober I just can't let it go! The only reason I haven't drank is because my husband won't allow me. I feel like I'm just not myself anymore. I don't even recognize me anymore! When will this ever stop! I'm not trying to have a pity party in anyway. I just don't know how to get past this. Everyday is the same thing clean cook take care of kids and pray for bedtime so I can escape I just want to feel joy again
i know exactally where you are coming from, youre not alone, im just over 2 months sober this time, and i never seem to get past this struggle, im in it now too, though not as bad today as i was yesterday
Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 100 and trying to think positive I've given in way to much to my feelings of loss over not drinking. Time to pony up and quit acting like a baby I know I am my biggest obstacle need to change my thinking! I have no intentions of drinking so I need to quit romanticizing how blissful it would be. Thanks for all you comments I truely hear them. Day 100 is a fresh start to new thinking
Congratulations on day 100 today
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
I know what you mean Imperfect. I feel the same way at times. I was sulking a bit the other day because we took our daughter for her first baseball game, and as I sat there in the 90+ degrees watching all those "lucky" people sip on their refreshing beers. Sometimes I get jealous that I can't drink and be "normal", but I try to remind myself of little things to help get me through those moments.

This time I had a refreshing ice cream cone, and relished in the knowledge that I wouldn't have dragon breath in the morning from stale booze smell:-)
"Sometimes I get jealous that I can't drink and be "normal"". This is a common misconception by us alcoholics. You are in fact very normal by not drinking.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

After 100 days and still now, I would wake up and ask god..now what? I think its common to find replacement time hard for us. After all we ran our lives around drinking. Yes sometimes im bored. But thats ok. Gives me more time to come here. Embrace sobriety imperfectlyme. Beats pain and misery by a long shot. Congrads on day 100. Thats wonderful!!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i feel as if i dont have free will.
I hear where you are coming from.... But I found that it was drinking, and the compulsion to drink, which was taking my free will. In quitting I truly exercised my free will, and in staying sober I have regained it.

You've got 100 days, and there is no stronger demonstration of true free will than your determination to stay sober for that long.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks dolly peaceful and Wisconsin your encouragement is priceless. Peaceful your story really helped me alot. Staying away from this site definitely hindered my progress yes I wasn't drinking but I also wasn't doing anything to grow in my sobriety! I'm back and ready to get back to working.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks nef tear pedro Wayne deckard