Notices

stopped drinking today

Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Spectacular Yoohoo. Really, really glad to hear of your 12 days AND your wonderful attitude.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Great job yoohoo!! Impressed!
I am on day 5 and I am sooooo keen on having a glass of wine right now. I am angry with the world and the fact that I will never be able to enjoy a glass of wine on a lovely summer day like this again.. I just turned down a bbq party because I know I will relapse if I go. feel like a loser sitting at home alone.. I am pissed off with everything and everyone right now and that is not like me at all... Must be the alcohol cravings that makes me this upset, emotional and restless :-( thank god for SR <3 reading your posts really help.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Congratulations!

I dont know how I missed your post but I want to say WAY TO GO!

It sounds like you are very determined to stay away from alcohol. Dont let your AV try to convince you that you can drink 'normally'. Avoid that first drink and nothing but good things will come your way!

You have made the most important decision of your life.

Keep it up and keep us posted.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Congrats on your first step! Come here often! It is nice talking to people who are dealing with the same struggles! Everyone is so supportive!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations on 12 days Yoohoo and many many more to come
Old 07-30-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

DAy 17.
Struggling tonight. Watched a TV show and watched people drinking. I feel like I've had a death. I mean I know life is better for me, but Im craving holding that glass, smelling it. Booya, snap out of it now.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing with TV shows is though...it's not real...once the scene is done, they put down the apple juice or the tea or whatever it is and thats it.

for us,at that point, the whole rollercoaster would just be starting....remember to remember the bad bits too.

D
Old 07-30-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, once again, you bailed me out.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi yoohoo, how are you doing? Just came across your thread...wanted to congratulate you on your awesome decision and follow-through.

I am on day 28. sleep is not yet back to normal, hell it may never be. Sleep or rather lack of it was the major reason I drank. Now I am learning to adjust my life to my sleep patterns. Oh well.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks Gigi, when I get a bit crazy and start thinking about why it would be ok to drink I come online. I asked my husband last night when he thought I could have a drink. He said never. I said really?he said yep. I said not even one? he said no I cant have one. I said why? he said because your a nicer person when you dont drink. Now he chugs back on his beer every day, in front of me, which has never bothered me as I dont fancy beer. Until now... I dont know why. I dont want the rest of the world to stop drinking because I cant drink. I dont want to drink, but I found it really reassuring he agreed I had a problem and didnt minimize it to make himself feel better. Feeling lucky today.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I just got day 5 under my belt. Enjoyed reading your post! You give me inspiration! My boyfriend still drinks but only about twice a month. I am a little nervous about how I will react to him the first time I see him drunk while I am sober.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

oh my.... I didnt even think of that.. Ahahahaha, I have to laugh, I thought I I'd thought of everything. I have to keep laughing to stop the panic!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yoohoo and Dee, I just did a photoshoot where I had to make cocktails and pour wine (I'm a stylist) and watch actors party. The job was so stressful I wanted a glass of wine myself. But I was just pouring juice. I watched them carry their glasses of "wine" around and not take a sip because you're not supposed to show actual drinking in certain commercials. It made me think of the stigma of drinking and took away a lot if the allure. Interesting because on screen, it's edited to appear alluring. Behind the scenes the reality is much less romantic. As a lifetime romanticizer of drinking, I hear ya. Hope this blasts one of your triggers... If not just know I feel you!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks Plenny, That did the trick. I feel better now I love you guys...
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

support

congrats...other choice is to use!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by yoohoo View Post
DAy 17. Struggling tonight. Watched a TV show and watched people drinking. I feel like I've had a death. I mean I know life is better for me, but Im craving holding that glass, smelling it. Booya, snap out of it now.
You did have a death. Some things about us are better off dead.

A lot of people say things like they want to get back everything they lost while drinking, that they want things to be as they used to be. There are plenty of things I didn't want back when I got sober, and I didn't want everything to be the way it was. Good riddance.

We mourn our loss when we stop drinking. And like losing a lover, we see only the good in things that remind us of what was and what could have been.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 29! I'm a ROCKSTAR! Life is getting better and better. I've had talks in my head and worked out once and for all I can't drink again, occasional drinking is not possible for me. Do I still crave it sometimes? Hell yes. But I'm just putting it on the list of things I can't have. Like a 1950's Mercedes sports, thick straight hair, and sporting ability.... Oh I could go on and on... Throw in Clooney..
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Yay me
Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again

D
Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

How lovely to hear from you!