So happy for you . Almost at 3 months Yoohoo

Now thats an achievement

Xoxox
Old 09-30-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks snoozy, need the support👣 one step at a time
Old 09-30-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

80 days! That's fantastic! Your resolve and dedication to staying sober is truly inspiring for me. I'm at 29 days and reading through this thread has helped me mentally prepare for some of the challenges that may be waiting for me ahead. Keep going strong. You are inspiring to many on here I am sure!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

You know you always have it here honey , xxxxxx

Dont know where i would be without this place to make me accountable to myself .
Old 10-04-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Struggling with Bruxism, TMJ. Any ideas?
Im day 83. getting there and holding on for the life of me.
I seem to be struggling with bruxism( clenched jaw causing a lot of pain) I got a cheap mouthguard at the pharmacy, hasnt helped much. saving up for botox in the jaw ( which can apparently work) but it $900 so will take me a while to set that much aside. Any one else feel this got worse with Sobriety? I am a worrier and I am required to manage my anxiety frequently so I am aware of the links but not being very successful so far. Its causing a lot of pain now and keeping me awake al ot a night so Im cranky pants and in pain most of the time. I am now needing to actually try and unclench my jaw to open it. My teeth are really tender and sore and getting a lot of tiny splits down the enamel from the pressure. Attractive I know... At one stage in the middle of the night when I was rolling around in the depths of despair while it felt like the rest of the world was dribbling on their pillow, I shoved a sock in my mouth to get some relief and the irony did not escape me. So at least I havn't lost my sense of humour. Gives new meaning to "shove a sock in it"
Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Yoohoo, i love your humour and the way you can laugh at yourself ;-)
We need to take a leaf out of your book .:-)

Poor love tho! Geez you must have a bit of pent up angst to split your teeth .
Surely there is a better solution without having to " put a sock in it " lol that did make me chuckle :-)

If you stay tuned to this space I'm sure you will get some good tips from your fellow SR ers

Xx
Old 10-04-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Snoozy Im here because I need the support and encouragement and you always deliver!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Its a full time job staying sober. I dont know how I fit my "other job" in... I mean I am exhausted from staying sober. Its like climbing Mount Everest everyday.
I have to laugh or I will burst.. I'm getting friday night crazy without the booze...
Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I have TMJ and grind in my sleep too. My molars are cracked and very flat. I haven't used a mouth guard yet, but I do try to control my nerves/stress levels with B-Complex, it helps me alot (not medical advice!)

I was also wondering if we somehow plugged our noses, and forced us to breathe through our mouths at night, if that would help? Can't grind, if mouth is open!?!? Guess we'll just be snorers! LOL
Old 10-12-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 92. Still white knuckling it... I was thinking last night under what conditions would I take a drink. Itw as because I really wanted to drink... So I imagined under what circumstances I saw my self drinking. I decided it would be if something really bad happened to someone I love. That would be a likely situation to make me drink.
Then I thought maybe if I was normal, having a few drinks at a family celebration. Which I know I am not capable of at present.
Then I realized it was the middle of the night, my loved ones were upstairs asleep and I was contemplating drinking. by myself. There ino celebration or family tragedy there. and it dawned on me "Thats my alcoholic voice making me think I need to drink alone in the middle of the night".
I have been reading about how others are coping well with the daily call to drink but Im still battling with the urge to sink one. Still fantasizing about the taste... Hope it leaves me soon.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yoohoo View Post
I have a lot of pain in front of me
yoohoo - congratulations on your decision! that is awesome.

don't worry about solving all your problems and pain in the early days, the first priority you have is to maintain your sobriety, and surround yourself with people and support systems that will ensure your success.

again, congrats!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by yoohoo
Day 92. Still white knuckling it... I was thinking last night under what conditions would I take a drink. Itw as because I really wanted to drink... So I imagined under what circumstances I saw my self drinking.
When I was in the psych ward I played the under-what-circumstances-would-I-drink-again game with myself.

When I decided that there was absolutely no circumstance (even the loss of one of my children -which is the worst thing that could ever happen), that there truly would never ever ever be any sort of valid reason for me to drink...when that switch flipped, the struggle was gone. The cementing of that personal truth was, all at once, the end and the beginning.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 99 today. Give me strength to get into 3 figures...
Old 10-19-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Yippeeeee Yoohoo ...i knew you could do it

Xx. ;-)
Old 10-20-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

100 days today wow
Old 10-20-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congratulations that is such an accomplishment and awesome.....

Keep on keeping on

gigi