Notices

100 Days - Positivity, Self-Esteem & Others

Old 07-11-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 days, SoberJennie! (I think I misspelled your name on another thread, btw. Sorry!)
I didn't read all the other posts, so I hope I'm not repeating too much here. There was a time when I didn't listen to what my heart was telling me to and instead listened to the naysayers. I ended up unhappy and unsuccessful, needless to say.
It sounds like you have a great plan, not just a dream, for what you want to do in the future. I think that as people see that you have a good plan and are executing it, they'll fall in behind you. Until then, you have us as your cheering section!

June

P.s. I'll definitely read what you publish, even if it's not sobriety-related.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, Junegirl I really appreciate that!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

BTW, you are really beautiful. I keep staring at your avatar. Lol!

Great job. I thought you were long past 100 days judging by your posts. You have a lot of advice and wisdom for others. I like reading your posts. Good job! And keep it up.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LazyBonez View Post
BTW, you are really beautiful. I keep staring at your avatar. Lol!

Great job. I thought you were long past 100 days judging by your posts. You have a lot of advice and wisdom for others. I like reading your posts. Good job! And keep it up.
Thanks

Yeah, well I guess I'm an old soul, lol... whatever that means. I'm not new to the rodeo either, my first stint of sobriety was nearly 10 years ago. I stayed sober for over a year. I've read tons of books. And I've tried quite a few programs. So, I tend to think I picked up quite a bit of tools, techniques and perspective along the way. I think of my own recovery program as a hybrid. I am not one of those who believes that you are only as wise as your sober days. Experience is experience, you know?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Thanks

Yeah, well I guess I'm an old soul, lol... whatever that means. I'm not new to the rodeo either, my first stint of sobriety was nearly 10 years ago. I stayed sober for over a year. I've read tons of books. And I've tried quite a few programs. So, I tend to think I picked up quite a bit of tools, techniques and perspective along the way. I think of my own recovery program as a hybrid. I am not one of those who believes that you are only as wise as your sober days. Experience is experience, you know?
Yes, experience is experience. This sobriety adventure can become tricky at times. I have seen many people with years under them go out and drink, and then have to raise their hand to being new to sobriety. All of those years ( One woman had 14) should not be thrown out. I mean, life happens and this sober stuff is very hard at times. We acquire tools along the way, and when we fall down, those tools can become stronger, or we may learn to utilize them differently.
I like that my basket is filled with a little of this, and that. This journey is well worth the walking. It all takes time to learn and realize who and what we are with alcohol in our lives.
I like this post. As always, very thoughtful and full of information.