Notices

The vain side of sobriety!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The vain side of sobriety!

I'm on day 8.

When I woke up this morning, apart from feeling grateful that I'm not hungover and shaking, I noticed some changes when I looked in the mirror.

The swelling and redness around my nose is almost gone.

My eyes aren't puffy and red any more.

My face has actually changed shape!

I used to wake up to dry, flaking skin around my chin- now it's smooth and hydrated. The fine lines that were appearing have all but vanished!

Now that I'm not drinking until I fall asleep at 8pm every night, I have been following a good skin care routine, and taking supplements. The difference is incredible! The better sleep must be helping too.

I gave myself last week off from the gym, as I was feeling pretty awful while I detoxed. Today, it's Monday morning, and I can hardly wait to hit the gym and see what my body can do when I'm pumping it full of herbal tea instead of wine every night!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hit the gym ! Not too hard after a week off though! I went back on day 4 and got fairly dizzy!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome! Results you can see are always inspiring!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I keep waiting for my eyes to be white (instead of bloodshot) again, but maybe they need more than 7 days after all those years of alcohol!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah! Or less bloody sun!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Yeah! Or less bloody sun!
An Englishman complaining about sun?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It happens twice a year!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by GymJunkie View Post
I'm on day 8.

When I woke up this morning, apart from feeling grateful that I'm not hungover and shaking, I noticed some changes when I looked in the mirror.

The swelling and redness around my nose is almost gone.

My eyes aren't puffy and red any more.

My face has actually changed shape!

I used to wake up to dry, flaking skin around my chin- now it's smooth and hydrated. The fine lines that were appearing have all but vanished!

Now that I'm not drinking until I fall asleep at 8pm every night, I have been following a good skin care routine, and taking supplements. The difference is incredible! The better sleep must be helping too.

I gave myself last week off from the gym, as I was feeling pretty awful while I detoxed. Today, it's Monday morning, and I can hardly wait to hit the gym and see what my body can do when I'm pumping it full of herbal tea instead of wine every night!
Isnt it amazing? Our bodies are such awesome things when we allow them to function free of toxins. I never thought I would get my bod back when I was drinking and then stuffing my face with junk after bar close. I got it back and then some, and I couldnt be more thrilled. Vain? maybe, but I worked for it. Thanks for the awesome post.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Good for you. Alcohol is so damaging and those first changes back to normal are exciting. At my age I am just happy to feel 20 years younger. It keeps happening the longer you go.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I thought for sure I would drop some weight when I quit drinking, taking in 800 fewer calories each day, but no! Haven't lost a pound. I must be compensating by eating more, especially at night
Old 07-08-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't think that's vain, this is pure health stuff. The skin is the bodies biggest organ and I drank so much I had scales on the front of my legs. Urgh. To be honest even after a year I am still noticing improvements. The puffiness and the redness was the first to go, it just gets better from then on