Notices

5th , 6th , 7th clean / sober

Old 07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Home safe and sober. Left my wallet at the lake with the wife. Alls good. Thanks for touchin base. I will be home all night.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

The first two are for you alf! So happy to see that post!

The last was just because it looked kind of funny and who doesn't need that? (and what the heck is that anyway, a bird riding a turkey? Would that be a turduckin?)
Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks LadyBlue. Nice to see some humor. Rockin friday night. Took my 14 yr old and cut 2 truck loads of wood. Be up early and go get some more. Glad not to be hung over or worrying about roadblocks.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Extra bacon for all my sober friends this weekend.
And I had that for breakfast today .

Great thread! I am always up for a sober weekend!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey alf044 ,

Glad you got through great news to start the morning with.

As for me today ;-
Coffee and smoked streaky . have repaired my rear view mirror auto dimmer so will put that in .. then fiddle with the new sterio

Nothing stressy looks like a scorcher (for a brit) today , but it's nice to do some of the small jobs around the place as they give me a nice feeling achieving something , i'd have never done any of it drunk or hungover just sat round whinging about how much work i had to do .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-06-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Count me in! One second at a time. One minute at a time. One moment and One day at a time.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Lets do this , there's strength in numbers . Hi everyone , we made it thru the 4th... . Lets continue this weekend together . My holiday was good . How did your holday go ?
nice post! Im getting to work in the sunshine with a group of very talented people- beautiful surroundings, talented people, warm sunshine, all all sane and sober.
Namaste
Old 07-06-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I hope you all made yesterdsy clean / sober. If so or if not , come , tell us , we would like to hear. I myself slipped a little and it is relieving to tell you so. Please feel free to share then off to do your plan . If you slipped , it's OK , you still are one of the whole community. There's strength in numbers. The camping trip I planned didn't pan out so now my day will be with my daughter , her friend and grankids as the oldest grandson experiences a team effort in a local baseball tournament. Good day to all
Old 07-06-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope you all made yesterdsy clean / sober. If so or if not , come , tell us , we would like to hear. I myself slipped a little and it is relieving to tell you so. Please feel free to share then off to do your plan . If you slipped , it's OK , you still are one of the whole community
Falling off ya bike isn't riding the bike , but it is sometimes part of the whole experience of learning to ride the bike .
My overnight sucess in giving up booze took about 8 years of trying , not trying and the stuff inbetween .

m
Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
I hope you all made yesterdsy clean / sober. If so or if not , come , tell us , we would like to hear. I myself slipped a little and it is relieving to tell you so. Please feel free to share then off to do your plan . If you slipped , it's OK , you still are one of the whole community. There's strength in numbers. The camping trip I planned didn't pan out so now my day will be with my daughter , her friend and grankids as the oldest grandson experiences a team effort in a local baseball tournament. Good day to all
Sorry to hear, trikyriky, what happened? I have slipped up so many times since joining in April, but the important thing is that we keep trying, right?

Made it through yesterday and on to Day 7. This is the day I usually slip so feeling very anxious. Need to keep busy, but it is going to be so hot and muggy here. Would love to just stay here and read/post all day, but I have a 3 yr old to entertain. Will check back later. Good luck today, everyone. We can do this!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Triky sorry to hear you slipped but good job coming right back. Keep adding and tweaking until it sticks.
Ladybug, how cool would be to make it through your trickiest day an get beyond it today? It will feel so good tomorrow you may want to do it again! And that's how you add 'em up. Stay close!
I had a nice dinner out with my brother, good nights sleep, and about tiger ready for a girls day with a friend and all her friends. I'm a little anxious about the social aspect but I'm doing it. After that I have no other plans so we'll see what comes up! Looks like gorgeous weather. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hellllooooo weeeeekkkkennnders!

Ricky.... Like mecanix said.... I went to my first rehab in 2004. It takes as long as it takes but not trying is not an option.

I was up early. Got my baby washed and shined up. Ready for an afternoon drive to get lunch and enjoy the ac to stay cool.

So hot here... Index at 100+ so I will sit around all day. Download a book I want to read.

I always used days like this to say that I needed the bar to get cool... But I got a room ac for the back office and tv area so now no excuse and get to relax.

Been two weeks since my slip. I feel strong and satisfied with the things I have been doing.

Meeting Monday. Walking in NYC tomorrow morning very early. Getting eggs and my fav sausage at the place sitting outside in the village. The city is very quiet and calm on a Sunday morning by the water. People strolling.... Walking the dogs...

Hope you all are doing well today. Love hearing about what ou are doing. If you tripped a bit I still want to hear how you will get back at it.

Ken
Old 07-06-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning (or afternoon or evening, depending), All!

First, I want to tell you all that I hate cherry pie. I have now made seven of them, cannot seem to perfect it (which drives my inner alcoholic OCD mind crazy) and so I just hate them. That is all. Maybe I will feel better later

However! Made some marvelous Vietnamese bahn mi last night for dinner using a delicious recipe for pork meatballs a friend gave me. It was a winner.

Ricky, sorry you slipped but you're still here and so are we so all is good

Ken, hot as hell here too! Ugh. I also used to use this as an excuse to drink at the bar----beer + AC= what's to question?---and then come home and feel drunk, dehydrated, and awful. So glad that's not on the agenda today.

Mecanix...what is a smoked streaky? I am *assuming* it is bacon but the first image that came to mind had to do with nudity and flames so I am sure that is not correct...

Not sure what's happening today; probably just trying to stay cool. I can tell you what's NOT happening: Cherry Pie.

Oh, and booze, of course. That is not happening either.

I'll check in with you all later. Happy Saturday!

Last edited by Ptcapote; 07-06-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning! I went out to dinner with bf last night after we somewhat talked about how much of a jerk he has been lately because he's been in a funk about the rainy weather (his work and rain do not mix well at all). He drinks as a way to cope and he knows I cannot be around him when he is. It's tough as we and my family are headed to Alaska shortly and much time and money has gone in to planning so I feel like I can/can't say what is on my mind. On a positive note I finally picked up my 7 month chip after two weeks of being too shy. I am fine in my professional work with any size crowd or rowdy classroom but in my personal life I'm really shy but I'm glad I did. A swim, relaxing with a book, and puttering at home all while sober on my plate today. Keep strong people.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

It has been a wonderful weekend. I live in a tiny mountain town so today we will have fireworks at the high school, we will have a bbq with family then off to spend time in the community . I am so happy to be sober.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Checking in. I was up early, did some work on my websites, got Mrs Non up and dressed and fed. Then I was out trimming back the forest surrounding my house. Now I am hot and sweaty, but feeling good!

Keep it sober, people!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Mecanix...what is a smoked streaky? I am *assuming* it is bacon but the first image that came to mind had to do with nudity and flames so I am sure that is not correct...
Yeh they made me sign a piece of paper swearing i wouldn't do that again unless i was onstage at a judas priest concert the bacon was yummy ( you made me choke on my coffee laughing there )

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Yeh they made me sign a piece of paper swearing i wouldn't do that again unless i was onstage at a judas priest concert the bacon was yummy ( you made me choke on my coffee laughing there )
LOL! Thanks for the return smile---and choke on my iced tea
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

It's afternoon here in PA , USA. Anyone in need of a listen or online ((hug)) feel free , post it . I'm good , just did a meeting and off to baseball tournament with grankids. Everyone , thanks for your shares.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi all, starting to lose my resolve It's like clockwork every Saturday. So hot here today so took my daughter to pool for a little, but even that was too hot. Now back home in the cool ac and feeling bored. Don't know why I think drinking will change that? Guess it's just habit. Trying not to leave the house so I'm not tempted to stop at liquor store.

Hope everyone else is doing well.