Notices

5th , 6th , 7th clean / sober

Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ladybug ,
a nice bath or shower used to make me feel good in early recovery . just kinda enjoy the feeling of the water and have a nice good soak / shower .
It's also why i bought new strings for my guitars and a 2nd hand games consul from an internet auction site .

If it starts getting to much put a thread out about it and i'm sure people will rally round .

I'm going to wait for things to cool off till about 11 tonight and then i'm going to make a curry for tomorow ..

m
Old 07-06-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks, mechanix, think I will do that and check back here later. Curry sounds yummy
Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi Ladybug , fellow Pennsylvanian. Good for you ,stay put . It is hot today same here in the Burg. 3 year olds are tiresome , I have my 3 year old and 7 year old grandsons tonight thru tomorrow. Please post if you need , no regrets tomorrow
Old 07-06-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

hi all!!

hot hot hot and super freaking sticky here today. ugh. but, been having a lovely, laid-back day. just read a couple chapters of my favorite kids book to the youngins, gonna make the fam's favorite dinner in a few, then gonna introduce the kiddos to 'the incredibles'!

it's way too hot for my cup of hot tea this evening, so i'm slamming back the cold water instead. the good news is that if i were drinking the red wine like i used to, i'd be sweltering in my own skin and seriously dehydrated right now... so i'm feeling pretty good!

have a great evening, all... and if you slipped, get back up and keep working your recovery. you can do it!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Saturday , done , after a muggy , hot day in the sun . Grandkids baseball results , win -1 , lose - 1. Plan for tomorrow , 2 more kids games. How was your July 6th ? What's your plan for the 7th ?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Made it through today. In bed now looking forward to a hangover-free Sunday Thanks for the support! Hope everyone else made it through another day.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ladybug ,
glad to hear you got through . Saturdays are just another day to get through sober , you've prooved you can do them yesterday if you got through yesterday then today is possible yes ?
a journey of 1000 miles starts with the step outside your door .

Lazy day planned today gonna do some streakin' :rotfxko to eat and have some coffee . Bought a nice poppy seed loaf yesterday which will be yummy for a BLT .

Might try and find a reason to waft around in the car later, Sobriety has turned driving from a chore always into a pleasure sometimes .

Good day to you all , m
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Had a great morning so far.... Got up early.... Love no hangovers! .... Took a ride around NYC. Got breakfast at my fav place. Took a ride around town down to battery park. Walked and relaxed. The took the Brooklyn bridge home. Never drove over it before... Walked it but never drove.

Have salsa chicken in the slow cooker since its to hot to cook.

Ready for a scorcher and no plans but to lay around and stay cool.

Not really a day counter here but back at two weeks since the slip on my birthday. I never want to give this up again.

Hope you are all having a pleasant Sunday!

Ken
Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good morning. Taking a break from the yard work, but I need to get back out there and drag the brush out to the brush pile before it gets even hotter. I wrenched something in my right arm and my elbow is throbbing where my biceps tendon would be. Stupid vines. Motrin and a massage in my future.

My AV is nagging me hard this weekend. More than usual. Yap yap yap. Sheesh, zip it already, ya dang whiner.

Way to go Ladybug!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I wanted to thank all that hung with me and gave support . I been unable to post till now ( phone broke and that's all I have ). My day was Awesome , though. I hope we was a help to you . Have a good week
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through, Ricky, and thanks so much for starting this thread and the July 4th one as well. My AV was kicking around a bit more than usual these past few days so it was extremely helpful and comforting to have this thread and the support.

Got a nice ego bruising today with an unexpected blast from the past but I didn't drink. Came here, read, called my sponsor, now drinking tea and heading to bed to put my ego on ice.

Thank you all for being here
Old 07-08-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I had a very pleasant weekend. Relaxing and full. Hope you all did as well.

Av was swinging at me but I shut it down each time. I will not take that first drink.

Heading to my Monday meeting. It's the only one a really enjoy.

See my weekender buddies next weekend! Have a good week.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Just wanted to send a big thank you out to all of you for helping me get through this past weekend. It was tough, but I made it and feel so good today to be on Day 9 Thanks for starting this thread, Ricky! Hope to see all of you next weekend?!