Notices

Nobody in my life is aware that i'm an alcoholic

Old 07-01-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bluefade, I can't say anything about aa as I don't go, personally. But I can say this site is absolutely wonderful. Stay close, people care.

Start to dream. You can have a life where you don't have to hate yourself, where you listen to our own viewpoints and respect them, where you see yourself as someone who counts, where you can know - really know- who you are, where you don't have grubby little secrets. And thats jus on the inside! you can also have more money to spend on useful things, and you will start to emanate a self respect that makes other people actually treat you differently. Sobriety has shown me how damn strong I am, and that I can carve my own future.

Yes, it is hard at first, but it is unbelievably worth it. I hope you stick around.

Snowie
Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi bluefade and welcome!

You're right, you have found a goldmine! I found this place on Saturday and I can't be more thankful. The people here are incredible and I love seeing posts that say "welcome to the family" because that's what I feel like here, I am with family.

This forum was the difference between me drinking and not drinking last Saturday.

When you get the urge make yourself sit down and come here. Read, read, read, post, post, post. Before you know it, it's really too late to start drinking and you'll be past the urge. Do that night after night.

So glad that you found this place
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to our community. I am so glad that you found us. You are not alone. We are here to support and encourage you. Continue to read through the forums and come and post. Again, Welcome!!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Grateful

Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
My God! You are all amazing people. I have never felt such an immediate acceptance by people before and the fact that I have never met any of you and you all are so caring to someone who is only words on a page is incredible. Thank you. I thank you all for the amazing advice. I am not the type of guy who gets emotional over much, but you guy's have brought some unexpected tears to my eyes. I hope that doesn't mean I have to turn in my man card lol!!

I know now that I am not the only one dealing/or has dealt with this in the past. Hopefully tomorrow will be my first day of my new life. If you wonder why not tonight, well I was already drinking when I found this amazing site so I can't really count tonight.
I have tried quitting before and the longest I've went in one shot over the past 7 years is a month 1/2. I hope I can break that record a million times over. I can't believe it has taken me so long to find this site. I will do my best to keep you all informed and be as honest as possible. The advice you guy's give is awesome. I have received more information from you and this site in an hour then all my other research combined. Thank you and stay awesome.
bluefade,

I just got goosebumps reading this post. You may not realize this now but what you posted here helps everyone who responded to you (as usual I am late to the party lol). Getting support when you need it and giving support when others need it is how we all stay sober. Welcome, and I hope you keep coming back often.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
Ok, please forgive me, I'm very new to this site. When I say I'm new I mean that I literally signed up 2 min ago and 4 min before that is when I was aware this site existed. Here is my problem. I am 35 and I drink to the point of passing out every single night. I did it last night, the night before, and will be doing it tonight. I severely need help, which is why I am here. I live in Colorado and am having a hard time finding programs to help me. This is my main question. I live a very lonely life and I am a very shy person. I have no girlfriend or wife. I haven't been in a relationship since 2006. Part of the reason is that I don't want my secret life of being an alcoholic to come out. None of my family and friends are aware that I have this addiction. I have been a severe alcoholic since my dad died in 2006. I have hid it extremely well. I don't drink at work and when I am around anybody I know, whether they are family or friends, I act like I don't want anything to drink, giving them the illusion that I am a responsible drinker even though drinking is all I am thinking about. If the cravings get to bad I make up an excuse to leave and rush home to drink. I am very embarrassed about this addiction and telling my family would be really bad as they already have a low opinion of me. Any advice on how I can jar myself free of this lonely cycle. It may seem easy for some but I am extremely ashamed and embarrassed by this and don't have a clue as to who I should go to. I just want someone to know. Anyone. Someone who could help me through this. Any advice would mean the world to me. Thank you and sorry for the long story, but like I said, it's my first time here.
You never have to apologize for the length of your posts, this was a nice post and its clear you are fed up with the current cycle of addiction. That is a great place to arrive at, because it means you crave more from life..........so you aren't hopeless.All you need is that tiny spark to ignite into a whole new life. You should be aware that the constant binge drinking at night will keep you a prisoner and will magnify any anxiety or depression you have going on to astronomical levels.
I understand the death of a loved one is tough, and many of us turn to alcohol to cope, but it never really solves anything. The grief you tried to avoid feeling by drinking will still have to be dealt with when you get sober, but its not as scary as you think.
In recovery you get a rare chance to totally revamp yourself and way of thinking. You can gain a level of confidence that right now probably seems impossible. I promise all of these things are possible, but you have to take control of this. The sooner the better!!! I suggest researching everything you can about alcoholism. What to expect in withdrawal, different treatment options and recovery strategies, and this forum is of course a wonderful tool for support, guidance, and to share your own experiences. I wish you all the best, please post as much as you need to.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 1

Once again, thank you guy's for all of you're amazing support. It is day 1 for me and I already don't feel as lonely as I normally do. It's nice to talk to people who understand.

It's past 6 pm here which is when I would start popping the bottle, so It's already an improvement. I am just trying to keep my mind occupied now and this place is a great way to do that.

I hope to be here for a long time and hopefully get to know some of you and maybe, once I figure out my own mess, I can help others who feel the same way like all of you have for me. Thanks again to all of you
Old 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sounds good bluefade. We are with you.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

Glad you are sticking with us, Bluefade!

Keep on posting....
Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

lol grunge...it's not a party until you get here! BLuefade, like gungehead said, it does help me to be part of your journey so just keep hanging around and posting and we can all continue on this together. So glad to hear you are sticking with your decision