Notices

Most of my posts are about myself. How's everyone else doing?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Most of my posts are about myself. How's everyone else doing?

Well? How's sobriety going?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey it's human nature and we are all alcoholics and addicts here so you've got the self-obsession thing right but at least you are getting out of "me me me" mode at times yea? I know whenever I do something for someone else, even if its just listening to someone speak or giving a word of comfort, that's progress. I hate how selfish I used to be and still am at times.

Anyway, to answer the question, I am doing ok today. Not great but not bad. Just kind of here. And that's ok. Everyday isn't going to be the 4th of July haha. I am learning to sit with all kinds of discomfort. It's good.

So that's enough from me. How are you? How's everyone else?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a nice idea Crossfitdad! Thanks for asking...

Never one to pass up an opportunity to talk about myself (lol!) I'm doing ok thanks! Closing in on 10 months and have good and bad days. But the good outweigh the bad so I can't complain. Just putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time.

Hope you are well too!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

hahaha love this thread! Yes, I am doing good. Way to go on 10 months IWillWin.

I am also a one day at a time person.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LDT

Beautiful, crossfit.....thanks for asking.

Doing really well today. How is the person below me doing?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Crossfit!
Doing great! My dog and cats are happy and healthy. Got a new project I get to start working on this weekend and I am very excited.
Life is tremendous!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you kindly Crossfit! It's cool to see updates on how everyone is doing, ...very cool!

I'm coming up on 5 months of sobriety this Sunday, and am actually pretty elated about it. It's been nice to feel and participate in life again, albeit slow. It's encouraging to have found hope and optimism for a promising future.

How are you today Crossfit?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi CFD, going well here today... just had dinner with the husband, 4 cats are fine We are making 4th of July plans. I'm getting lots of reading done. And just taking care of business I'll have 90 days on Sunday.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Doing pretty good here too CFD. Coming up on 6 months next week and my first sober 4th of July. I am very confident I will keep it dry.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

very nice of you to ask CFD. Doing great tonight. Since last Saturday I have had one small glass of Sherry on Tuesday evening and nothing otherwise(so I guess today is Day2 LOL).

Going camping with a bunch of friends which will be challenging - especially since I can't ride my bike for two or three more weeks Might try going for some runs to fend off cravings and I've stocked up on campfire popcorn.

Found out hours ago that I was approved for the financing for the 30 day treatment program. Not quite sure what to do with that. I think my husband assumed we wouldn't get the loan and wouldn't have the opportunity to truly consider it.

Going to lay on the hammock
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, this week I got passed over for a job and had a painful root canal and a flat tire. Inexplicably, I am handling these things in a calm manner and still feeling fairly happy and optimistic. Probably has something to do with being sober and having a better attitude.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is a wonderful thread to start! Thank you. Life is life ya know? I am sober and taking it easy. A lot of "stuff" has come up, but there is nothing better than dealing with it without drinking alcohol. I hope that you are well also.
It is going to be 109 degrees here this Sunday. The family is mentally preparing for it. We may need to find a large body of water.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Two weeks sober and looking forward to my first sober 4th of July in a long time! I'll still bring a cooler, but this time it will have picnic food for my kids.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
OX

Hey. I'm ok you're ok! Been a little spacey in the brain, but doin ok. Went for a run tonight and sitting with a cat on the lap next to my wife. Aaahhh.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good thread I need to vent a little. Been very depressed lately and been having thoughts of drinking so I came here as I always do when having these thoughts to read and relate with people who know what its like. The sadness is getting out of hand again. I can't hold down a job and it's all I can do just to get out of bed. I have hope that things will get better though and I'm seeing a doctor about it soon. As for drinking it is not an option but those old feelings and cravings for it coming back just sucks.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey!

I'm glad to 'see' you Adore - but sorry you're so down - have you seen anyone about it?

D
Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Dee great to see you as always. I've made a doctors appointment and will probably ask her to put me on a new medication or something.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

great thread, crossfit!

sobriety rocks... even when things aren't exactly peachy! my exhaustion symptoms of early sobriety are starting to lessen... excited to be able to start working out again (it's been so long, it's going to feel like starting over for a while, but i can live with that.)

i am enjoying being clear-headed and in-the-moment. i'm also loving the good sleep i'm getting each night... such a wonderful gift!

well wishes to all...
Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good thread!

I am doing great. I was sober three months on Monday and working on step four.

I am feeling a little caged in though. I need to blow off some steam. Not drink, just something other than work, home stuff and AA meetings/step work.

Maybe a movie or plan a camping/fishing night, something to just plain relax and let go of it all for a little while.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great thread! I'm doing well... Enjoying summer & the endless gifts sobriety has to offer