Notices

My update

Old 06-21-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My update

Last August I quit. I have not touched a drop since end of August 2012. Lost a load of weight ( 20lbs gone), new waist and face size. Have started to (mentally) get back to that person whom I was 10 years ago....confident, strong, go getter, ambitious......all the things I DEFINITELY was not when I was drinking, I had zero self esteem, I was a FAKE in my professional and family life. Anyway from August it all started and the journey still continues. A lot of people somtimes start their first thread on this site 'today is the day' or 'it stops now'. True you can stop and it does get better.

I have become more confident and feel I am getting back that person I lost to alcohol. Last week I went for a job interview, I guess I spent 25 to 30 hours preparing for the interview, really grinding it out. I got the job with a mind boggling salary. Walked out of the interview floating on air, did not even occur to me time for celebration drink.

I sincerely doubt I would have gotten the job if I was drinking.......where would I find the time to do all the preparartion, to find the opportunity, to focus on getting the job and doing my best? To believe that I could do it or I was worth the job (does that make sense?).

Anyway, if you are on day one, or week one or whatever and are having a tough time right now, well I am rooting for you and know you will hold strong and get to be that really great person before alcohol took over.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I love posts like this.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Life is easier sober. Good on you!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I love posts like this.
I still read SR, maybe once or twice every few weeks. It provides support and you can read about other members experience, (both the good and the bad) and learn from it. You do not feel alone.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow what an excellent post. The fake personal, professional, and family life you speak of really strikes a chord, all of the "real" disappeared so long ago, I can't remember what it is like to be a genuine non-intoxicated person.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for the positive post.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you Dejvice - glad you're doing well

D
Old 06-21-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your positive journey! Congratulations on your sobriety and your new job