Notices

Not Sure What To Do

Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iwanthealth View Post
it's seems crazy to me that they put you in this position to choose you or some guy.
I am not sure why, but now that guy (or someone worse) has the bed. I hope it serves its purpose. Possibly because I told them of the DTs starting with hallucinations, or because I called about intake somewhere around 1 A.M. the day before.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by soberhope1984 View Post
So i called a treatment center just now, and gave all my information. Was told to call back at 8:30 in the morning, and just not knowing if I am doing the right thing.

I was told they do use ativan to help with detox so that doesn't worry me, and also they only use 4 days worth to help in the process. So not really long enough to build an addiction to. I am just wondering though...

Am I wasting these peoples time? When they could be helping people who have suffered from more? Am I really worth this? Crap I can not sleep and even when I try to lay down, my mind continues to race.
First of all, the fact you called and are thinking of taking that step shows you have the desire for change. That is the best thing you could have done, and that desire will be your saving grace.

These people deal with all levels of addiction, and you are not wasting anyone's time. If you are unhappy with your life now, and are aware (which you are) that you have a substance abuse problem, than that is exactly where you should go. Your life is worth just as much as anyone else's, so don't 2nd guess wanting to make some changes, asking for help, so you can get to where YOU want to be. Anything you do to better yourself is NEVER a waste of time. I want you to remember that, always. You have the right to live a healthy, fulfilling life. If this is what needs to happen for you to achieve that, then so be it. Go, keep an open mind, and learn as much as you can. Im proud of you for stepping up and going after the change you want in life.

one more thing, that fear you are feeling is normal. Every new beginning is scary, but most are worth it. That little voice telling you to back out is just the addiction raging against the idea of losing control over you. The real you, thats the part that made the call.