Notices

New Here -Finally Hit Rock Bottom

Old 06-21-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have you tried Rational Recovery? It was revelatory for me.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i gave it a quick look. sunday night is reading night for me as hubby is out. going to get the notebook out, do my list of pros, cons and questions for monday, and dig into the tools here to start formulating a strategy.

i have no choice but for this to work. i've pickled my brain for so long - time to wake it up and give it something to do!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Honestly I so recommend that book for people who have been through the ringer, are thoughtful and who are truly read to kick the poison.

Stay strong.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I do hope that, as you suggest, you are on day three of your new life. From your description it would appear that you are risking physical damage to your body, some of which may be irreversible. Alcohol has created enormous stress in your life and you are using alcohol to deal with that stress, which is a vicious cycle in every sense of the word. You can save yourself, turn your life around. Others have done it. You can too. And you have started on this path by logging on to this website. You can find here many folks who have been right where you are. If you listen to them they can help you find a way out. As you know, the stakes are enormous. Failure to turn things around is likely to end in disaster. An all important thing to keep in mind right now is that trying to use alcohol to cope with the stresses created by alcohol will make the situation that much worse. To cope with these stresses and to begin getting your body chemistry back to where it should be you need medical advice. Do yourself a big favor- get that and follow it. Good luck. Every good wish.

W.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thank you. it's day 5 for me now and i'm under medical supervision. i really appreciate the concern.

the stakes are so high for me i can never go back. the support here is invaluable.