Notices

Today was a struggle but I came through

Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today was a struggle but I came through

Today has been a bit of a struggle not feeling very good after a massive Bender the other day still recoveering.

I went to work really felt like a drink and had some panic attacks which doesn't normally happen.

Lately every time I drink it's been crazy time so ihave to let the drink go.

without drinking I'm so board I have the attention span of a kid lol. Today when I came home I did some baking cakes for the kids to keep me busy.

There is some beers in the fridge I don't want to throw them out in case I give up giving up lol.

I don't know why I'm writing this I just thought it might get clear if I write something.

I want sobriety but have no clue what I do with my time.

newpower
Old 06-16-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's all a process newpower.
Its like learning a new skill...you have to be patient and diligent.

You have to be committed too - I'd dump those beers - decide what it is you want and go for it.

make a stand

D
Old 06-16-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your attitude is good, hone in more, keep going.
Lots of good motivating stuff on this forum.
Hang about.
I like AA......there are also other options ..
Old 06-16-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Absolutely...dump the beers and make the commitment to stop.

A sober life is worth fighting for x
Old 06-16-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For sure I want to be sober my wife is scared of me when I drink I feel really bad that this is an issue for my wife and family they deserve so much more than this I love them so much. But knowing how to live sober is the Hardest thing I've ever done. I've been to rehab I wish I could go back again but I cannot afford to go again lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi newpower

I think you should dump the beers and plan ahead to fill your time. Make a list - there are hundreds of things I haven't done around the house because it interfered with my drinking. Tackle 1 each day. Ask your wife out on a date to somewhere where there is not alcohol - a romantic picnic or walk? Take the kids out somewhere - what about the family starting a new hobby - go swimming / watch birds / skate - something you do with them as well.

If you stop and think about it we did nothing but drink - and there is a whole world out there to share with your family. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard but it's not impossible newpower.
Don't talk yourself out of this - if I can do this, you can

D
Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hey newpower.

Welcome aboard the wagon. It's going fantastic places, but you'll need to ditch those beers. You might think they are in the fridge, but we can see that you are still carrying them, and they are going to get heavier and heavier for you to carry along. You don't need them on the wagon - we have everything we need without them.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you. I've still got seven or eight beers left in the fridge from my weekend bender. Said bender has brought me to this forum to try and start getting sober.

I don't want to drink them but haven't thrown them away yet... My partner (who can drink responsibly unlike myself) will probably want them at some point

I can't believe there's even that many left. Usually i manage to polish off a box without even breaking a stride
Old 06-16-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by newpower View Post
Today has been a bit of a struggle not feeling very good after a massive Bender the other day still recoveering.

I went to work really felt like a drink and had some panic attacks which doesn't normally happen.

Lately every time I drink it's been crazy time so ihave to let the drink go.

without drinking I'm so board I have the attention span of a kid lol. Today when I came home I did some baking cakes for the kids to keep me busy.

There is some beers in the fridge I don't want to throw them out in case I give up giving up lol.

I don't know why I'm writing this I just thought it might get clear if I write something.

I want sobriety but have no clue what I do with my time.

newpower
When you get into recovery, you can learn to sit still and be alone. Right now your addiction is in full control, so you its making you think your life will be boring without booze, you cant do this, and things like that.

Learn to recognize addict thinking vs. the real you. The panic attacks you experienced are from alcohol withdrawal, which will begin to happen more and more frequently if you do not take control of this sooner than later. I know, I became a prisoner to my anxiety when hungover. It will NOT get better if you keep on hitting the bottle.

You dont have to live that life. Stop telling yourself you cant, and just try. You really have nothing to lose, and a great start would be to ditch those beers in the fridge into the sink.