Notices

Messed up

Old 06-07-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Messed up

Went out tonight with a friend and ordered a pitcher of beer. Normally I order a whole one myself but at least tonight we split it. I was doing well--two days with no drinking--but caved. Now back to square one...
Old 06-07-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really had to make changes to my life once I decided to quit mmc.
I found me + bar pretty much always ended up the same way.

D
Old 06-07-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by mmc514 View Post
Went out tonight with a friend and ordered a pitcher of beer. Normally I order a whole one myself but at least tonight we split it. I was doing well--two days with no drinking--but caved. Now back to square one...
Dude, come on now. You know this is WAY to early to be venturing out into bar again. I feel for you because I know how much you are struggling with all of this. I really want great things for you man, and I know you can do this. I wish I knew you in real life, so I could be your rock for the time being, lol.

Tomorrow is a new day, you can try again.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What changes are you going to make to be sure this doesn't happen again? You can stay sober but you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Change doesn't come with out changes!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Change doesn't come with out changes!!!
Simple but true.

It's been 61 days for me, and I haven't ventured near a bar yet. Hard to do this time of year, but I know myself too well to go near one yet. I don't know if I'll ever go to a "bar" again unless it's on a poker run or to see a band.

Restaurant with a bar yes, but a place to just drink? Seems like it would be boring.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nighthawk8820 View Post
Dude, come on now. You know this is WAY to early to be venturing out into bar again. I feel for you because I know how much you are struggling with all of this. I really want great things for you man, and I know you can do this. I wish I knew you in real life, so I could be your rock for the time being, lol.

Tomorrow is a new day, you can try again.
Thanks, bud. Ya, I know it was too early, and definitely was my own fault. Once I started, I didn't wanna stop, but luckily my friend cut me off... Still, I feel like crap for going, but it was a hard temptation to resist. Today's a new day I guess...
Old 06-08-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BikerAcct View Post
Simple but true.

It's been 61 days for me, and I haven't ventured near a bar yet. Hard to do this time of year, but I know myself too well to go near one yet. I don't know if I'll ever go to a "bar" again unless it's on a poker run or to see a band.

Restaurant with a bar yes, but a place to just drink? Seems like it would be boring.
Well, I guess I was misleading in the post... It was a restaurant/bar, but still, all the same. Beer specials killed me, so I said yes. Very great for you, 61 days!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
What changes are you going to make to be sure this doesn't happen again? You can stay sober but you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
I need to go to alcohol free places for a while... THat's def one change that needs to happen.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm only in my first week of sobriety and the other night had to attend a function which required sitting around making idle chit chat. I realized that this sort of event is excruciatingly booooooring to me and always has been. My solution for my boredom was to drink excessively in an attempt to relieve my anxiety and make a boring situation interesting. I didn't drink the other night...I overate..and then left making a mental note to myself to not do anything that requires...sitting around with people I don't really know or find remotely interesting.

If you suffer from social anxiety, shyness or don't love sitting around conversing...these situations will bellow and plead ..DRINK.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I'm only in my first week of sobriety and the other night had to attend a function which required sitting around making idle chit chat. I realized that this sort of event is excruciatingly booooooring to me and always has been. My solution for my boredom was to drink excessively in an attempt to relieve my anxiety and make a boring situation interesting. I didn't drink the other night...I overate..and then left making a mental note to myself to not do anything that requires...sitting around with people I don't really know or find remotely interesting.

If you suffer from social anxiety, shyness or don't love sitting around conversing...these situations will bellow and plead ..DRINK.
I'm not overly shy, but I feel awkward in those situations as well. I've definitely seem that part of my problem stems from trying to be more fun when I'm out. However, there have been times I've taken it too far, like getting in fights with ex boyfriends, I've hit my friends before or said mean things... But I do tend to do the same as you, with the situations that are boring. It's just escalated to "hey lets just drink for every occasion."
Old 06-08-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hear ya on the every occasion. I drank when there was nothing else to do ..and everything else to do...basically, it was my hobby.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I hear ya on the every occasion. I drank when there was nothing else to do ..and everything else to do...basically, it was my hobby.
Def know that feeling...