Notices

Tonights the night..

Old 06-07-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tonights the night..

Day six for me today, but Friday night is here and it's a killer. My husband will no doubt sit in the garden with a couple of cans on a hot sunny day like today and this is my night to drink too. I'm getting a little bit worried now, thing is..when I pick up that drink and decide to have one there is absolutely no thought process going through my head, i'm not thinking..'do I, don't I..I really shouldn't'..I just don't think at all and before I know it its Saturday morning and i'm having full on panic attacks, dreading getting out of bed and so the cycle begins again...I so hope I can keep my conscience switched on tonight..
Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Rebelives, awesome that you've done six days!!!! Just from my experience, I found the times I was prepared for weren't that bad because I had tapped into my will power in advance. I hope this is the same for you. It doesn't hurt to have a plan though. How about making some fruit punch or getting some soft drink or juice that you like, so you can enjoy the end of the week? Get the jump on those cravings, don't waste all your good work.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks FeelingGreat..and I must say, i'm loving your picture! I was thinking that, getting some nice fizzy and maybe some nibbles, I always deprive myself of food treats because of all the calories I consume in alcohol, so maybe this is my chance to stuff my face instead lol. Thanks for your support, i'm determined to get through this night..
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grab some hard candy at the store. Turn to that when you crave a drink. The sugar does help.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks GracieLou, I read someone else mention sugar aswell, I think it was to have ice cream, but I don't have that much of a sweet tooth, I will shove it down my greg tonight though just to be on the safe side lol
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong! Just because you used to do this every Saturday doesn't mean you need to do it. Change is awesome, especially when it comes to sobriety.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you can do it rebelives

D
Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee...This site has given me no end of inspiration and motivation for a better, sober life. It's becoming my life-line.

I will do it..
Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rebelives View Post
but I don't have that much of a sweet tooth,
You will...lol

I never had one either. I could take it leave it. Now I have to have chocolate at least once a day it seems.

Hang in there
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Haha GracieLou.. I'm going to get myself a full on midnight feast stylee load of sweet stuff tonight, and stuff myself silly ;-)
Old 06-07-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lol....I never had a sweet tooth either, but now I would give my right arm for a Hershey bar:-)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Lol....I never had a sweet tooth either, but now I would give my right arm for a Hershey bar:-)
Ain't it the truth. Just a plain ole Hershey bar is a little slice of heaven these days.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I never liked sugar much either, I never used to have anything sweet in the house. Now I love dark chocolate and low calorie ice-cream or yogurt bars. I found some delicious 100 calories fudge bars that are my go-to treat at the end of the day, and that's been a fantastic replacement option.

Good luck Rebelives. You can do it!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Mmmm....dark chocolate! I found a Giradelli dark chocolate caramel with a touch of sea salt bar, and can I just tell you.....YUMMY!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

The Shizz.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

YUM! Thanks for the visual Nonsensical, that is now added to my grocery list for today!!

Dollyangel17: That Giradelli dark chocolate, caramel w/sea salt sounds delicious!

Fran's Chocolates makes a delicious dark chocolate caramel with sea salt too. That combo is mouth watering.

Rebelives: Maybe a few chocolate options to help with the weekend?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You can do it! And next Friday when you're at 13 days sober, if you start to hear that doubtful voice in your head again, you can squash it right away because you got through it once and can do it again!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great job! proud of you. Especially since you are already planning and thinking about how to approach tonight. (I too watch what i eat because of the calories from beer.)

I know you can make it with a nice fizzy fruity drink. i am going to try the same.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your support guys...well, it's taken me three weeks since this post but for the first time in a LONG time I did it!!!! It took quite alot of chocolate and banana milkshake..oh and crisps..twice lol but I did it!!! Seven days sober at last!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rebelives View Post
Thanks for all your support guys...well, it's taken me three weeks since this post but for the first time in a LONG time I did it!!!! It took quite alot of chocolate and banana milkshake..oh and crisps..twice lol but I did it!!! Seven days sober at last!
well done you