Notices

Pre Employment Testing Need Advice Please

Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Pre Employment Testing Need Advice Please

I know being truthful is always best but I am in fear of this facility knowing my meds. Should I be? How does this all work? Anyone? I have some questions I want to ask you about voiding for testing employment. I have presciption meds I am worried that they will not give me a job if those are in my system because of a past possesssion charge I have which was misdemeanor and they know of it obviously. Can you tell me your experience with this? I mean I know you obviously had prescriptions? Do they check the sex of the pee? As if I didn't want them to know I have depression, ptsd medications in my system, what if I replaced the urine with say someone I know clean but is male? Let me know what you think. I also took a test today and the line was so faint but there. I don't know if that will be good enough. I test tomorrow by around 4pm. Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated. I also have an subutex script which I am super hesistant of them knowing. Trazedone for sleeping, and clonidine for anxiety and sleep. They do urine tests at their facility and I don't know if it's sent to lab or a quick read? Or both? Please help. ANYONE? Thank you so much.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi jluv

I don't know anything about drug tests but if these are prescribed meds I can't see you'll have trouble in the normal course of events, unless it's something you haven't disclosed for the job and you should have.

I would NOT try and dupe them.
Thats a surefire way to have things backfire.

Others here will know a lot more than I do though

D
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Dee,
Here is the thing when does someone disclose their medications? I mean I've had interview and done my paperwork. I didn't think they could ask about your medication or it would be discrimination. I realize I have a prescription but many people like myself had prescriptions for oxy contin but were the worst addicts around. I do not abuse my medication because obviously that doesn't work out well but I don't want the suspicion, gossip or whatever else comes with someone knowing your medication. I mean if someone googles trazodone, it says antidepresent but for me it's anxiety and sleep aide. Clonidine says for help with blood pressure, yet I take it for anxiety and sleep. I don't want to dupe anyone or anything but I would like advice on what is best.
Does anyone know do they put screening for male vs womens urine? Does anyone know how the prescription meds are handled? Do they watch you void? Do they send to labs? Anyones experience in medical field? Nursing homes? Skilled nursing?
Always much appreciated information. Looks like I made in another night. Ive been waiting to say that. Damn it feels good.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful

You should be fine jluv.

Generally they only test for certain drugs. Weed, coke, alcohol, opiates, benzos...basically narcotics, weed and alcohol. The times I ever had to take one I was sober but on Xanax at the time. So when I went to test I...can't remember exactly...but I let them know I was on Xanax. I can't remember if I had to bring the prescription bottle in or what, but I didn't fail the test because it was a legit prescription.

Now I'm not sure if subutex will show up as an opiate or not...I don't have any experience with that. And I would be like you, that's the only one I would not want to show up. You could play dumb and if you test positive for opiates you could come clean that you are on subutex but didn't know it was considered an opiate.

Like I said I don't know what to tell you about the subutex but you should have no issues with the trazadone and clonidine. Trazadone is a commonly used non narcotic sleep aid and clonidine is commonly used for heart rate / blood pressure. BTW I am not a doctor or pharmacist but I did work in a 1000 bed hospital pharmacy as a tech so I do have some knowledge about drugs. And the one I don't know about Subutex I was on for 6 months haha. Go figure.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Grungehead! The thing is suboxone shouldn't be showing up under the opiate category. It will show up if they test seperately for that or send it to the lab. My option to use this guys clean pee but then I face what if they send to lab and it's male! That will screw me over all the way, when like you said I could play dumb or I could just tell them before the test. I guess I could say ok what prescription meds? Thye know I have this possession of legend drug charge. In which I explained I got addcited to oc after 13 years of presciption since age 13 and I got caught with them out of bottle. Now the ringer they weren't really mine but it doesn't matter. They were replacements. Anyway the agency knows I had an addiction. The question is they are supposed to base their decisions and questions based on waht am now? I am not using now and taking my subs. Plan to stay this away. I failed the test slightly becasue I used last week pretty straight Tues-Thursday late night but hoping to be clean tomorrow. Ive got a lot riding on this. If tomorrow I buy a over the counter test and I fail or barely pass for opiates which is heroin then i have no choice but to hope mail pee works and taht they don't watch? DID ANYONCE WATCH? or know about male vs females urine?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful

jluv,

I just did a google for subutex and drug test and it sounds like it will NOT show up as an opiate.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful

LOL you already knew that.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful

I haven't had one in years but when I did they didn't watch. I was with a small company and I don't think the owner paid a lot for that clinic to do the test.

So I guess you were hoping the sub would show up as an opiate, then you would have an excuse. I don't know if they test the urine for the sex of it. I hope everything turns out clean for you. And I hope YOU stay clean too.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jluv - would you hire someone who substituted their sample, no matter what the reason?

I wouldn't.
I suspect something basic like that would come out too.

I can't tell you how to pass your test, I wouldn't if I could.

I know you're scared but that kinda stuff is not what we're about here and I'm sure you realise that

If the medications are prescribed to you and you have the scripts, I can't see why there would be any trouble at all?

D
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Use your own.

males normally have a natural THC level higher than a female's, you may test positive for THC (marijuana)
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Do not cheat. Bring in your Rx bottles, so if something shows up you can show that it's legit.

And if having this kind of job means a lot, then getting and staying clean means a lot too.

I don't know what kind of job this is, but a lot of jobs, I really do NOT want someone wasted or strung out putting ME in danger. No offense. I'm a recovering addict, but seriously. I mean, I'm here to encourage your getting clean and living clean, not to help you lie to yourself or anyone else to excuse your continued using.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

my experience in the past is honesty has been a good policy. if im not doing anythign worng, takin my meds as prescribed, then theres nothing to hide.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I passed with my own urine. Working has really helped me feel busy, successful and happy. Here is what happened on the day I was to test. I drank a lot of water and lemonade so I could for surely go. I was getting very nervous and went to a friends (a girl) I got her clean urine. I put in a green tea Sobe bottle. I was driving home where I was going to put it into something else for easier handling. Well I got pulled over one block from my house. The urine was very warm and sitting in the front seat. I got pulled over for no seatbelt and talking on the phone. I was issued a seat belt ticket and then on my way. This happened and showed me to do this honestly. I went and took the test immediately after and I passed. I stood there with the rest of the nursing staff watching and each line appeared. I didn't want them to know about my subsititute medication just because of the way some people look at it. I also take it for chronic pain management. They know of my past and you were right being honest is the best way to go. They did not go in the bathroom with me. They did not send the test off. It was a 7 panel? I think . Thank you all for your help. Thank you for support. I am still sober and I am feeling the benefits. Amazing how quickly things can turn around.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

the cop didn't drink the pee like in dumb and dumber?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

haha no but I got scared. It luckily was green tea bottle and the cop didn't ask much about it. I was worried because it was so warm and yellow. I didn't know what was going to happen but I didn't think having urine was illegal but I needed to get to my test asap.