Notices

It's everywhere

Old 05-26-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's everywhere

Only on day 4 but realizing very quickly that I made my life revolve around my next glass of wine. Getting a pedicure today it occurred to me that I chose this salon because they always serve me (heavily) when I come in. Today I decided to walk in with a tall iced tea. I was still offered my "usual" but said not today, I have my tea

Tomorrow I will be seated in my usual first class cabin on a flight where the wine flows for hours. I know, rich people problems.... I'm seriously considering giving up my cushy seat to a coach passenger to keep the temptation at bay.

The wine is everywhere in my life though. Time to make several adjustments.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Rose. Congratulations on day 4. When I stopped booze was around all the time....
Old 05-26-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello, and welcome.
Yes, booze is every where. The trick is not drinking it. Not that first drink. Think it through to end and the ramifications it'll bring. If you don't have the first, you can't have the tenth.

Best to you, and please post as often as you like.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome HappyRose

Yeah booze is everywhere but you can learn to resist it, then not notice it. It just takes a little time practice and effort

you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 05-26-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First comment... kindly meant... take out the word "Only" from .... "Only day 4!" It's day 4 and that is a fantastic achievement, be proud of yourself and realise that if you can do 4 you can do 40 because you are that good!!

Yes it is a sad indictment that one can do almost nothing to entertain oneself without it including booze. We try to organise event for people who are in recovery or want to do things with their recovering friend or family member and it is very difficult to do anything that does not have an element of drinking in it. It really seems that our society can't go out to enjoy themselves without artificial stimulation!! So so sad
Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on staying sober so far Happy Rose,

I've heard that the coffee tastes superb in first class too if you really want it to.

Keep it up,

Bruno.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the warm welcome!! I indeed plan to order a ginger ale of coffee on the plane tomorrow. If I can get to day 4, I can get to 40... I like that thinking.

Some habits are so hard to change. I'm mixing up my routine as much as possible and keeping busy... Too busy to get drunk!