Notices

Hello my name is jp!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello my name is jp!

Well about me I am tripple afflicted. I am a recovered alcoholic ,addict and suffer from a mental illness that was left un diagnosed for far to long. I identify some what differently then most for a few reasons and would like to clarify something. I remain highly allergic to alcohol and will never be able to safely use it in any form. The use of alcohol will result in the phenomenon of craving and I will remain powerless and sure to hit yet a lower bottom. The mental obsession that leads to the insanity of the first drink has been lifted from me for some time now. What i have recovered from specifically is a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. I have recovered following the exact instructions found in the first 164 pages of the big book of alcoholics anonymous. I identify as a recovered alcoholic because that is what I am and what I want the new comer to hear. It gives hope and when I was new I needed as much hope as I could grab a hold of. Secondly because it is what we are told do do mid way down page ninety. (second page in working with others. ........." If he says yes, then his attention should be drawn to you as a person who has recovered" and to remind people at meetings that love and tolerance of others is our code. I have been to rehabs, detox's in and out of several programs and pysch wards. Nothing worked for me until i was offered what I feel is the solution. Not just to my drug and alcohol problem, but to all of them. I have gone from a hopeless alcoholic, addict and person with a MI to someone who literally lives the best day of their life every day. Some more eventful then others. I welcome friendship fellowship and exchange of information with all who are interested. If you can help me with something I am open to the idea or if you would like to learn something especially how to take steps,and there specific promises, warnings etc it is my pleasure to share what I have learned and caught over the years. Thank you for reading. Best of luck on another 24. Your friend JP. aka Ebby (ebbie thatcher)
Old 05-09-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna
Old 05-09-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR jp

D
Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, jp aka ebby. I think you're going to really like it here! We're so glad you joined us.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks you guys are great!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to a very supportive place.