Notices

Mommaholic

Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ivegotsunshine that is so amazing of you, to take that initiative of honesty. Little by little I start opening up but I do it slowly as I'm afraid it will be wound that I won't be able to stop bleeding!
Congratulations on your sobriety success!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Ivegotsunshine that is so amazing of you, to take that initiative of honesty. Little by little I start opening up but I do it slowly as I'm afraid it will be wound that I won't be able to stop bleeding!
Congratulations on your sobriety success!
You don't have to open the flood gates right away, just remember not to close them either . Sobriety can take a toll on your relationship. Being open may help. Keep up the good work!!! Don't be a stranger around here!! In time you will feel better and better!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks for your message on my post, Inperfectlyme. I am a stay at home mom too, and it's a hard job! Glad to have read your story. It makes me feel much less like a freak, lol
Old 05-17-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

A newpage you aren't a freak being a mom is sooo hard we are expected to be perfect and nurturing and anything less is a failure!

You are not a failure!!! At this point in their lives you are the MOST important thing! If us moms don't take care of ourselves we aren't good to anyone!

Trust me I know how hard the beginning is to try and do the things that you always did with a drink in hand! It was painful but just try and push and push and don't give up if you stumble.

Take pride in the fact that you are at least self assessing! I am not an AA preacher it works amazing for so many! I myself have t done it yet at least. I'm on here a lot through out the day if you ever need to vent, I'm sure I've done it! Sippy cup of wine at the park been there! Rushing home early from a kids party to have my wine to quiet my head .... Check...

But today is 39 days no wine. Does it cross my mi f I can someday drink appropriately absolutely! But I know honestly that probably isn't likely!

Take care of your kids mommy!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm in the horrors today and have made the decision to sort myself out - I am feeling positive about my decision and also a little terrified. This sort gives me hope though - thanks for sharing xx
Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

One year later.....

One year ago today was the day of my fall. A fall that probably should of at the very least left me with some brain damage. I was extremely lucky for so many reasons. If that fall hadn't killed me the way I was drinking would have. On April 8th 2013 I got a do over moment. I chose to never drink again and I've stayed 100% true to my word.

I never did make it to an AA meeting, I've done it my way and have found a comfortable groove. SR without a doubt saved my life. I don't believe I would have found such a fulfilled sober life without it. I've made one of the best friends here that I've ever had in my life. And I'm forever thankful for what this amazing family has given me.

So at this one year mark my life is in a bit of transition. I'm not the woman I was a year ago. The life I was living in so many ways was not acceptable. I drank to disappear, I truly was disappearing before the eyes of everyone who knew me well.

Not drinking just is now, I rarely think about drinking these days. And when I do it's fleeting. To the new comers, this sobriety thing is with in your reach! I never would have thought I'd make a year. This was suppose to be me not drinking to appease my husband until he forgot and I could begin again. Somewhere along this journey I found someone I use to know, ME. And I'm never going to treat her they way I did for so long, nor am I going to let anyone treat her that way either!

To those just starting out, I promise you this, it won't always be this hard! Keep hanging in there even if you don't think you can...YOU CAN!

The 1st year of sobriety is very much like a second coming of adolescence. You're moody, your emotions are all over the place, you don't feel like you fit in anywhere. It takes time and may be quite uncomfortable, but eventually everything evens out! It's so worth the work to live unshackled!

Thank you SR, especially those who've been there for me through out this journey. I couldn't have done it alone.

Chapter 2 quit smoking tomorrow is day 1 nicotine free, God help those close around me!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

IP, What a moving follow-up to your original post. I am so proud of you!

"Somewhere along this journey I found someone I use to know, ME. And I'm never going to treat her they way I did for so long." Words for us all to live by.

Thank you for being one of the many here on SR who continues to show the sober life -- the better life -- is within our reach. You're an inspiration.

Keep doing well!

V.
7.75 months
Old 04-08-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!

What a fantastic follow up post!
This especially resonated with me:

The 1st year of sobriety is very much like a second coming of adolescence. You're moody, your emotions are all over the place, you don't feel like you fit in anywhere. It takes time and may be quite uncomfortable, but eventually everything evens out! It's so worth the work to live unshackled!
It is truly amazing that through our efforts we have the chance to grow again, and you're living proof of this!
So happy for you!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
To those just starting out, I promise you this, it won't always be this hard! Keep hanging in there even if you don't think you can...YOU CAN!

I really, really, REALLY needed to hear this today. Thank you for your post. It is exactly what I needed to help me muster the strength to continue on (day 17 for me).
Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Kim that warms my heart! You can do this! 17 days is amazing, it's going to be hard early on but I really really mean it when I say it. It won't always hurt this much! You're going to get to know yourself like you've never known before! Get excited!! You got this!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

WOW,IMP, I never knew your story….what I did know is that you are one of the most honest, intelligent, interesting and inspirational women I have ever known. I think it is a testament to who you are that you have impacted people whom you have never met face to face. No way should that amazingness ever be tainted by the false promises of the bottle.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey, walking with all of us, and providing a light at the end of the tunnel for those who are just starting on their journeys. I agree, life gets surprisingly better, I love the comparison with a second adolescence, it even feels authentic because it came with zits at first.

Congratulations you rock star!!!!!! WOW!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hahahaha jaynie I love ya you post made me cry and then made me giggle about the zits!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wow! Congratulations to you! All of these posts were amazing to read. And your follow up is greatly inspiring. So glad you are doing great!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Imperfectly me, this is a very inspiring post. I am also a stay at home mom... funny how many of us are on here huh? And they say being a stay at home mom is easy! lol. Anyway, it was such a treat to read this today. I love hearing success stories. You've done awesome! Congratulations!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 1 year IM!!!!! We started our journey at around the same time ( 1 year for me is in a few weeks), and I can identify with EVERYTHING you have said!

I am so proud of you....congrats again!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Many congratulations to you! I also gave up smoking a year after drinking...going strong on both...life just gets better and better....

Thank you for sharing your story with us
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I would love to write something profound to match such an amzing journey. What comes to mind is that I am so very proud of you and honored to be part of your transformation. You have helped me in my journey, as I am sure countless others can attest to. I am glad you are getting your life back - your worth every second of it.

Good luck on the nicotine too - your runs will feel more liberating.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congrats IM, your whole thread had me choked from start to finish. Yet another wino mum here, almost at 160 days now!
You rock, your husband and kids are blessed to have you!
Good luck with the smoking, I'm on day eight of no smoking, let's do it together!!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Apophylite your post made me choke up! Thanks to all of you, from the bottom of my heart!