Notices

Made it 3 days!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it 3 days!

I detoxed myself (DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE) but also went to three AA meetings a day (easy to do in Los Angeles, luckily for me, and when you're unemployed... well...). I was shaking and sweating and heart-racing the entire time, but I had a lot of support from the people I met in those rooms.

Tomorrow, I'm leaving California to go home, where my parents have agreed to loan me money for rehab. It's hella expensive, but if I can get clean and sober, I really believe I can get a great job in my field again (not to mention, be sober) and so it seems like a solid investment.

Thanks for all the support here, SR. The way I was going this time around, I was going to drink myself to death. And I love my dog way too much to do that.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days! Your plan sounds great, your worth the investment!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats! I detoxed myself as well. Will never do that again, the withdrawals were terrible..

Good luck to you!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do this. Rehab is a big step for a lot of us. They will provide you with everything that you, need and more. This decision is a great one! Good luck to you . We will be here when you get back into the world.