Notices

Those little things you miss

Old 04-27-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Those little things you miss

Those little, yet so important, little daily things you miss the most because of alcoholism. Touch, smell, taste etc... in the broad meaning of things. I miss falling asleep in a 'clean' bed with white sheets, tucking my toes in, stretching my body, feeling like I had a productive day and deserve the rest... Instead of passing out to a dirty & smelly bed. Unless I passed out on the couch before 😥

I miss 'going' to bed, what do you guys miss most?

Beat.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Beat

I think what I missed most was myself. I'd become someone I didn;t recognise ot even like very much.

It was great to get that person back

You'll find a lot of support here to do that too - glad you've joined us

D
Old 04-27-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I miss quite a lot. I most miss enjoying life. Drugs have taken all that away. Seems I'm always thinking about my addiction. I used enjoy fishing, outdoors stuff like that. I now lay here wanting too but not having the energy. God Bless
Old 04-27-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I miss the motivation to do anything other than sloath around on the couch or in bed all day. Even the motivation to do housework.
Miss the inclination to think about exciting meals to cook for my family and end up eating a lot of take-away.
I miss reading, too drunk when I go to bed to read so haven't read a good novel in a while.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeatThisNow View Post
I miss falling asleep in a 'clean' bed with white sheets, tucking my toes in, stretching my body, feeling like I had a productive day and deserve the rest... Instead of passing out to a dirty & smelly bed. Unless I passed out on the couch before 😥

I miss 'going' to bed, what do you guys miss most?
I'm with you on this one, except I didn't know I missed it until I got sober. I used to think I needed to drink so I could sleep because I remember having horrible nightmares as a child. But it's heaven. I love feeling tired now, whereas before it was always just hungover.