Notices

Simple logic with alcohol and games

Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Simple logic with alcohol and games

When I first started drinking, I used to enjoy all kinds of games to the full. I was darned good at most too. Speaking now of board games (not ouija), console games and pc games. A few years on I noticed that I actually drink each time I play games (the real memories of silent hill are fogged by drunk or hangover, really), so I found out that I didn't enjoy the games, or thought it was not possible with a drink.

I was wrong. My precision is off and has always been drunk. It might make you feel kind of immortal at some phase, but still you can't play the game, you can't perform and enjoy the thing you like how you'd really like.

Actually my previous longer sober streak of 3 months plus taught me ever since the first month that I've been playing 'go' (japanese version of chess) crippled, really bad, both mentally and physically. No wonder I usually lost.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey sorry for the double post but the administrative policies appear to say that it is not okay to edit your post after some duration of time, and hence the double post to correct mistakes in the original text:

Before I really first started drinking, I used to enjoy all kinds of games to the full. I was darned good at most too. Speaking now of board games (not ouija), console games and pc games. A few years on I noticed that I actually drink each time I play games (the real memories of silent hill are fogged by drunk or hangover, really), so I found out that I didn't enjoy the games, or thought it was not possible without a drink.

I was wrong. My precision was off and has always been drunk. It might make you feel kind of immortal at some phase, but still you can't play the game, you can't perform and enjoy the thing you like how you'd really like.

Actually my previous longer sober streak of 3 months plus taught me ever since the first month that I've been playing 'go' (japanese version of chess) crippled, really bad, both mentally and physically. No wonder I usually lost.

After a little bit of sobriety I noticed that I actually do kick ass after all that failing. I just needed to give my brain a break. A chance to heal.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good post :-)

And now I know why my 8 year old son owns me on black ops every time - revenge is coming kiddo ! :-)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hehe, that's nice.
Aim for the head and move a lot, you'll win eventually. Good luck.