Notices

Dream made me proud

Old 04-27-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dream made me proud

I forgot to post about my dream the other night. I've had some dreams during my sobriety that I drank and it felt real and I was upset with myself, and the other night here we go again, or so I thought. The dream involved me seeing some friends and people I haven't seen for awhile and everyone said lets celebrate because I returned so everyone poured a shot. I was handed one and I was thinking no, I can't drink hard alcohol because drinking that was what got me into this mess. So I was given a beer and they said you can drink that instead. However, I looked around and thought, you kno what .. I don't drink anymore. You guys drink for me. I put the beer down and walked away. Even tho it was a dream, I was very happy to have refused a drink in it as opposed to my usual drinking in them. Thanks for reading !
Old 04-27-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I still occasionally have dreams where I drink, but when I do I always feel conflicted and remorseful in the dream. And of course, I'm relieved when I wake and find I'm sober!

The Beast is crafty! My waking mind is too much for him so he tries to sweet talky my sleeping brain. No dice, though.