Notices

Checking In!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In!

Hi guys & gals!

I've had a few ups and downs, slips and slides in the preceding weeks, can't seem to keep more than a week of sobriety under my belt. Insomnia is a major trigger for me, and my sleep has just been GARBAGE lately.

I last drank Wednesday night, WAY to excess, but I'm done. I finally saw my doctor yesterday, and he prescribed me something to help sleep. Seems to be working!

For some reason, I just can't count Thursday since I was hungover, so I'll consider Friday morning my day 1. So here I am on day 2, just wanted to check in and keep tabs on my progress. I don't have a desire to drink AT ALL right now, but I will make sure to check in when the cravings come back...

-Matt
Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi- huge congrats on day 2 :-)

I always had problems sleeping even many years ago before I had alcohol problems

I drink tea with valerian root in it - bit of a wierd taste but cup hour before bedtime does the trick for me

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a coincidence, a popular brand of tea here is TAZO, and I just grabbed a variety called "Rest." It has valerian root in it.

Thanks for the nice words, I'm still sober! I got up this morning and made coffee, and still have a few minutes to spare at the computer before I walk to work, because I'm not hungover. Next 24 hours, here we go.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great stuff - sounds like your doing really well :-)

One day at a time !