Notices

Hello and thankyou

Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello and thankyou

Hello,my name is Chantilly and i joined a few months ago,but have only logged on for first time this year,so Im still new. I joined to seek help cos someone Im very close to has drug and alcohol addictions. Ive tried everything i can to help,but it seems things are only getting worse. Theres more to it,but ill leave it there for now. I also wanted to thank the person who left me a message.I appreciate it,but im sorry I was unable to personally reply cos I havent posted 5 blogs yet. There. That completes my very first blog ever. Not great i know,but i guess its a start.

Thankyou
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Once you post on the board 5 times, then you can PM someone. You have 3 posts right now.

I hope you take care of yourself and you might want to consider AlAnon as a support for you.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chantilly

D
Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you, Chantilly. There are many here who will understand how you're feeling. This is a great place for encouragement and hope. Glad you have joined us.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((Chantilly)) - Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Have you checked out the friends & family forum ? Didn't you say you were concerned for a friend ? You'll find tons of support here. I am so so glad I found SR. Post again you'll get to five posts then you can PM whoever left you a message. God Bless
Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! Do check out the friends and family forums for more insight from people who have been thru the same thing.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To everyone who replied to my post,
thankyou very much for all your warm welcomes, it meant alot and made me feel less isolated. I will look at the forums you suggested. To the catlover,ty for the pics, Im a animal lover,but huge cat lover,so ty . This whole process isnt (and hasnt), going to be easy,so im glad ive found this site.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Im exhausted for good and bad reasons. I just spent 16hrs with him on skype, and it was good at first until the booze took over then he got nasty. He looks pale,malnourished,angy,sad and very tortured and refuses to believe that things will get better til I get there.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ooop i didnt meant to click send on that last post,I hadnt finished,was a mistake,sorry. Anyway, I cant get through to him that Im not the answer to all his problems or the quick fix. He cant afford regular therapy, so basically he has no professional help. Hes not honest with his medical dr cos he doesnt want his pain med prescriptions to stop. I feel like Im watching him die and theres nothing i can do about it, but at the same time I refuse to believe thats the case. There has to be something that can be done isnt there? I have to have hope as does he,otherwise what is there? So many hurdles to jump,not sure where to start,and if i can encourage him to jump aswell or do i have to push him so that he falls in the hope that he will get up again? so much thinking to do,im scared to go and im scared if i dont. Sorry, guess I just had to vent.